What is an Android POS Machine?
Android POS Machines are tablet-based systems that run on the Android platform. An Android POS system is open-source that can be used to carry out many transactions such as accepting payments, recording transaction data, tracking inventory, etc. Whether you’re a retailer, restaurateur or service provider, a point-of-sale (POS) system is an investment that can help your small business run more productively.
What is an Android POS machine?
The Android POS machine is similar to the point of sale (POS) machine that runs on the Android system. With great openness, huge development freedom, and strong compatibility, the Android POS machine allows users smoothly run multiple applications, easy to make secondary development and expands more scene-based applications.
Android platform is becoming a choice for developers to build a dedicated device including the Android POS Machine. Today, businesses can easily take an off-the-shelf Android device – like Samsung Tablets or any other android Tablets and install a POS app such as Square Point of Sale – POS or TabShop from Google Play and convert the tablet into a POS terminal, which can even be used as an offline POS app.
The system allows you to accessorize it with a credit card reader for mobile devices (like Square or PayPal) and a Bluetooth/USB printer (Android Mobile POS Printer) to set up a full-blown POS System.
Nowadays, the advanced and multi-functional Android POS machine is embraced by a large number of businesses and applied in various scenarios. The open-source Android allows to set up an Android POS terminal with a Printer driver for printing.
Read: 11 Best POS Machines in Nigeria for Small Businesses and Start-ups
How to build an Android-Based POS System
Use the steps illustrated below to set up an android POS using the Square POS application:
- Get an off-the-shelf Android tablet with a 7” or 10” screen size. Example: Samsung Galaxy Tab series of Nexus series.
- Get a credit card reader for processing credit card or debit card payments like Square.
- Download and install the Square Point of Sale app from Google Play.
- Log in to your Square Point of Sale Dashboard on your computer. Create items that you want to sell with their unit price information. You can edit or import the items as well.
- Go to the tablet and launch the Square application. Sign in to start processing orders.
List of the Best Android POS Machine Applications
- PayPal Zettle
- Clover POS
- Shopify POS
Read Also: Which bank is good for POS business?
Best Android POS Machine Apps Compared
|Our Rating (out of 5)||Monthly Price||Mobile Transactions||Card Reader Costs||Offline Mode||To-Go/ Delivery||Inventory|
|Square||4.66||$0–$60||2.6% + 10 cents||$0–$49||✔||✔||Basic|
|PayPal Zettle||4.24||$0||$2.29% + 9 cents||$29–$79||–||–||Basic|
|Lightspeed||4.02||$79–$239||2.6% + 10 cents||–||✔||✔||✔|
Android POS Machine: Features to Consider
A typical Android POS system should be able to support basic applications to extend its functionalities. A business should be able to, for instance, extend its functionality by integrating customer feedback or a loyalty management app on the POS tablet to allow customers to submit feedback after every transaction.
Read: PalmPay Pos Charges: How to Apply, Charges and Commission Information
The quality of the Android POSmachine largely depends on the features and in-built functionality. The basic features below are needed for Android POS machine advanced applications such as Printer. Below are the basic features that Android POS machines should support.
2. Scanning code
4. Network communication
5. Battery life.
Read POS Machine Related Posts
- Say Goodbye to POS Machines – and Hello to Kuda SoftPOS
- How to Operate Different POS Machines in Nigeria
- Baxi Box POS Charges and Commission Rates
- PalmPay POS Charges & Commission Rates
- Cheapest POS Charges List in Nigeria
- OPay vs Moniepoint POS Withdrawal Charges & Commission Rates
- PayCentre POS Transaction Charges and Agent Commissions
- First Monie POS Charges: How to Start a POS Business With First Bank
- Gtbank POS: How to Start POS Business With GTBank
- Nomba POS Charges: How Much is Kudi POS Daily Target Now?
- OPay POS Machine: How to Apply & Become an Opay Agent
- What is an Android POS Machine?
- Which Bank is Good for POS Business in Nigeria?
- Challenges Associated With Starting POS Business in Nigeria
- 11 Best and Affordable POS Machines in Nigeria 2023
- How to Profitably Start a POS Business in Nigeria
- MoMo Agent POS Charges and Commission Rates
- Moniepoint POS Agent Charges & Commission Rate (all you need to know)