Canada has 13 famous provinces each with different vibrant cultures, heritages with top-ranking universities equipped with standard educational facilities to aid learning among students.
Among these famous provinces is Quebec, which is the largest province and the third-most-popular destination for foreign students in Canada.
In this post, we are going to talk about the best scholarships in Quebec open to foreign students.
- 1 Best Scholarships in Quebec for International Students
- 1.1 1. Concordia International Scholars Program
- 1.2 How to apply for the Concordia International Scholars Program
- 1.3 2. Université de Montréal Exemption Scholarship for International Students
- 1.4 Scholarship Award and benefits
- 1.5 How to apply
- 1.6 3. Quebec Excellence Scholarship Program
- 1.7 4. Quebec Merit Scholarships for Foreign Students
- 1.8 Benefits
- 1.9 5. McGill University One-Year Entrance Scholarship
- 1.10 Eligibility Requirements
Best Scholarships in Quebec for International Students
1. Concordia International Scholars Program
Concordia International Scholars Program through Concordia university offers one of the most comprehensive awards for international students. The award is presented to two deserving full-time students who will be pursuing university education for the first time.
Bachelor’s Degree at Concordia University
How to apply for the Concordia International Scholars Program
All interested candidates are required to upload their documents through the Concordia student portal.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement detailing the student’s resilience through hardship and suffering. Likewise, the
- Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae that chronicles the student’s work experience, volunteer experience, accolades, and other accomplishments.
- Scholarship applications are reviewed by the university’s Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards committee.
- Applicants who submit an incomplete application will be automatically disqualified from the scholarship
Interested applicants should follow this link to apply: Apply Here.
Scholarship Value: Full tuition for up to four years.
2. Université de Montréal Exemption Scholarship for International Students
Université de Montréal Exemption Scholarship for International Students is a scholarship program organized by the university of Université de Montréal for outstanding students from all over the world.
UdeM is a Francophone institution based in Montreal, Quebec and the scholarship program aims to attract brilliant students from other countries.
Scholarship Award and benefits
The scholarship award depends on the program, with the highest share going to Ph.D. students.
- Exempted scholars are given a waiver of as much as CAD 21,038/$16,755 a year.
- Master’s students are entitled to a waiver of about CAD 9,787 or $7,795.
- The scholarship value for Bachelor’s students ranges from CAD 2,787/$1,655 to CAD 12,464/$9,930 a year.
How to apply
The Université de Montréal Exemption Scholarship for International Students doesn’t need a separate application. After the students have been admitted, they can just follow up on the scholarship status through the university’s students portal
- Scholarship Amount: up to CAD 21,038/$16,755 a year
- Eligible Degree: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate Degree at the Université de Montréal (UdeM)
3. Quebec Excellence Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Link
- Scholarship Amount: CAD 14,000$/$11,150 a year for three years
- Eligible Degree: Technical training/CEGEP for up to three years
The Quebec Excellence Scholarship Program is also established for international students who wish to study in Quebec.
Quebec scholarship award and benefits
The award is funded by the Ministry of Higher Education of Quebec and comes with a tuition waiver of CAD 14,000$/$11,150 a year for three years.
The recipients of the scholarship award will also be given health insurance coverage during their stay in Quebec.
Currently, there are two Excellence Scholarship Programs available for international students to choose from:
1. regional priority scheme: this award is given to academically talented citizens of about 44 Francophone countries.
The recipients of this scholarship have the opportunity to study in a Montreal CEGEP.
2. Priority Francophone Africa: Under this category, students from 30 African Francophone countries can apply. Also, students who are citizens of two International Organization of La Francophonie nations are considered as well.
Scholarships you may also like to apply for:
- Google Lime Scholarship 2021
- Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship For African Students 2021
- Abby’s Closet Dreams Can Come True Scholarship 2022
- Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship for US students
- Scholarships for KATS (Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society)
- Adam Ferrari Health Science Scholarship 2021
- Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship 2022
4. Quebec Merit Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Quebec Merit Scholarships are open to french-speaking nations. However, applicants from selected Asia and South American countries are also considered.
The Quebec merit scholarship is one of the scholarships established to help students who wish to further their education beyond undergraduate studies. The scholarship opportunity is open to Ph.D. students or postdoctoral degree studies. But students who wish to study professional development programs are also considered.
How to apply for the Quebec Merit Scholarships Award
- Students who want to apply for the Quebec Merit Scholarship can forward their application through their preferred universities.
- The university will then select the successful candidates who will be given the scholarship benefits.
Apply here: Scholarship Link
The amount varies according to the degree.
PhD students are entitled to a waiver of CAD 25,000 /$19,910/year for a maximum of 3 years but may be extended to another year as needed.
For post-doc students, the award waiver is worth CAD 25,000 or $27,880 a year while professional development students are entitled to CAD 3,000/$2,390 a month for up to four months.
5. McGill University One-Year Entrance Scholarship
McGill University is one of the destinations for international students in Canada; about 32.2% of the university’s entire population are students from other countries
The McGill University one-year entrance scholarship is worth CAD 3,000/$2,390 for a year.
Candidates must be enrolled on a Bachelor’s degree program at McGill University.
Graduates of overseas schools should have a minimum A average (96%.) Even at this minimum requirement, the GPA is still not an automatic ticket to getting the scholarship funds.
Therefore, students should submit all grades and interim grades leading to the application date. This can help them improve their chances of getting the entrance scholarship award.
Scholarship Link: Scholarship Link
Note: Students do not need a separate application to apply for this Quebec scholarship for international students at McGill University.
To learn more about the Quebec Canadian scholarship, kindly visit the Canada Scholarships Page for more information.