You’ve probably seen one in stores, and you could even have one installed in your own company, but how do you use a POS machine?
The idea behind the name “POS machine” is that a single device can serve as a substitute for an entire checkout. The fact is that current checkouts are made up of a variety of hardware and software elements, including:
- Computer monitor or tablet screen
- EPOS (electronic point of sale) software
- Card machine
- Cash drawer
- Receipt printer
- Barcode scanner
Let us assume that using a POS machine refers to processing a sale. The two biggest payment methods today are cash and credit or debit cards. Let’s look at how to do this. This applies to:
- How to operate Moniepoint pos
- How to operate Dotpay pos machine
- How to operate Opay pos machine
- How to operate Kudi pos machine
- How to operate Opay traditional pos
- How to operate the Palmpay pos machine
Basically, how to operate any type of POS machine in Nigeria.
- 1 What is a Pos Machine?
- 2 How Does the POS Machine Really Work?
- 3 How to Use a Pos Machine In Nigeria – How to take payments with a card machine
- 4 How to run reports using a card machine
- 5 Who is a mobile money POS agent?
- 6 How to become a pos agent
- 7 How to become an Opay pos agent
What is a Pos Machine?
A POS machine or Point of Sale terminal machine is a portable electronic device that allows businesses and merchants to collect card payments from customers at a real store location for goods and services. Along with performing all bank services for clients, the device also enables mobile money agents to charge a fee for each transaction.
How Does the POS Machine Really Work?
Once the POS device is turned on…
- The customer can insert their ATM or debit card to make a purchase using their PIN.
- The payer’s account will receive a debit notification and the merchant account will be credited.
- The device is powered by a battery that must be recharged in order to continue operating.
- The POS device functions exactly like a phone and will need a unique SIM card for connectivity, but the processing is made easier by systems for inter-bank transfers like Etranzact or InterSwitch.
How to Use a Pos Machine In Nigeria – How to take payments with a card machine
- Press the power button to turn it on. A beep will signal the start of the POS device.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Make sure a SIM card is present in the device to facilitate connection. POS device will connect and be prepared to collect payments if there are.
- The buyer will place their debit card into the card reader and present it.
- You must specify both the buyer’s requested withdrawal amount and any associated fees.
- Allow the customer to input their pin and then press the enter button to confirm it.
- The request will be handled by the POS device.
- If the transaction is successful, the buyer’s account will be charged and yours credited. There will be 2 receipts printed.
- While keeping the merchant’s copy for your records, you give the buyer the customer’s copy.
How to run reports using a card machine
Thankfully, at the end of a busy day, running a report using your card machine is simple.
- Open the system menu by pressing ‘menu’ twice
- Navigate to ‘totals’ and press enter.
- Select ‘end of day banking’, ‘z report’, or ‘x report’ and press enter
- You’ll need to swipe your supervisor card through the machine for security, and press enter.
- Your chosen report will automatically be printed.
Who is a mobile money POS agent?
A person who has been given the go-ahead by a financial institution with a license to provide consumers with mobile money services such as cash-in and cash-out payments, airtime, service, and bill payments is known as a mobile money (POS) agent.
Being a mobile agent is a fantastic business idea, and by following simple steps, one may launch the enterprise without any hassle.
How to become a pos agent
The first step to becoming a mobile money agent is creating a bank account with the bank of your choice or continue with your already existing account.
For instance, you need a UBA account if you want to work as a mobile agent for for UBA. Existing mobile agents have recommended UBA, Access Bank, First Bank, and GTBank as good bank with better pos services.
Your name, date of birth, state of origin, mobile number, bank verification number (BVN), guarantors, and tax identification number (TIN) are among the pieces of information you must submit. If you don’t have a TIN, you are given a form to apply for one. In order to submit your application, you will also need to show a valid ID card, such as a voter’s card, national ID card, or a lcard bearing your national identity number (NIN). Typically, this takes five business days to three weeks.
Let’s choose Opay POS Agent as one of the non-traditional banking POS; here’s how to become an agent…
How to become an Opay pos agent
- On your Android phone, download the Opay app from the Google Play store.
- Install the app once it has been downloaded on your phone. Your mobile phone number is required to complete this process.
- You must message the Opay support team from the mobile app after installing the app to express interest in becoming an agent. The necessary information will be sent to you.
- Fill out the form fully. You will be required to submit the following:
- details passport photo
- utility Bill
- Means of identification
- CAC registration (optional).
5. Send it to them once you’re finished, and your registration will be handled.
6. If there are any more instructions, you will be advised what to do next.
Read Related Posts…
- POS Agent: How to Operate POS Machine in Nigeria
- Baxi Box POS Charges and Commission Rates
- PalmPay POS Charges: Price & Commission Rates, Types & Tiers
- How to Transfer Money From M-Pesa to KCB Account in 60 Seconds
- How Much is a Washing Machine (Front Loading & Top Loading)?
- Cheapest POS Charges List in Nigeria 2022
- Moniepoint POS Vs OPay POS Charges and Commissions: Which is Better?
- Parallex Bank Account Opening, Recruitments & POS Agents Information
- PayCentre POS Transaction Charges, Price & Agent Commissions [All You Need To Know]
- First Monie POS Charges: How to Start a POS Business With First Bank
- Gtbank POS: How to Start POS Business With GTBank in 2022
- Nomba POS Charges: How Much is Kudi POS Daily Target?
- OPay POS Machine: How to Apply & Become an Opay Agent
- What is an Android POS Machine?
- Which Bank is Good for POS Business in Nigeria?
- Challenges Associated With Starting POS Business in Nigeria
- 11 Best POS Machines in Nigeria 2022 [that are easy to get]
- How to Start a POS Business in Nigeria 2022
- MoMo Agent POS: How To Apply, Commission, and Charges
- Moniepoint POS Agent: How to Apply, POS Price, Charges, Commission & Benefits