Are you a student just graduating from high interested in studying at CUNY College?
The Peter F. Vallone Scholarship is aimed at supporting outstanding and brilliant students with a scholarship fund that will cover educational expenses including tuition fees.
The scholarship award is based on merits and is awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements and also submit the supporting documents along with the online application.
Borough of Manhattan Community BMCC has been supportive of the innate human striving for self-improvement by providing deserving students through the scholarship programs and helping them to grab a better living. The BMC is committed to advancing equity and the intellectual and personal growth of students.
Overview of Peter F. Vallone Scholarship
The Peter F. Vallone Scholarship awards fund is not fixed. Because funds are taken out of the New York City budget and given about halfway through each semester. However, the scholarship amount is believed to be around $700 per year or $350 per semester.
Below is the scholarship overview:
|Organization||Borough of Manhattan Community|
|Educational Level||High school, undergraduate, and graduate|
|Amount||Varies (around $700/ year $350/ semester)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Requirement||Application (read more below)|
About Peter F. Vallone Scholarship
Formerly known as the New York City Council Merit Scholarship, the Peter F. Vallone Scholarship is a merit-based Scholarship award presented through the City University of New York (CUNY) to students with good academic performance.
The award is given to high school graduates with an excellent grade of B (80) or higher.
As part of the requirement, candidates are expected to have passed at least 12 of the year-long College Preparatory Initiative courses – Regents level. And the recipient must enroll in a CUNY school full-time within one year after being selected for the scholarship. Students who apply to CUNY are automatically considered for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for the Peter F. Vallone Scholarship
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Peter F. Vallone Scholarship:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizen and residents of New York City.
- Applicants must have graduated from a New York City high school with a minimum of an 80 College Academic Average (CAA) and passed at least twelve college preparatory courses in high school.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled at a CUNY college as a full-time student within one year of graduating from high school.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time students each semester (except summer).
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.0
- Interested students should have attained CUNY before attending any other post-secondary institution to be considered for the award funds.
How to Apply for Peter F. Vallone Scholarship
Applicants are not required to submit a separate application. The basic requirements and which automatically qualify candidates is to first apply for the CUNY.
Therefore, as a student of CUNY, you only need to submit the required documents through the online application portal on or before the deadline, as late applications will not be considered.
Note: All information provided by the students must be valid, complete, and authentic as invalid or incomplete information will lead to total rejection of the applicant.
Below are the documents that you will submit along with your online application:
- The students should submit the FAFSA and TAP application.
- The submission should provide the latest and valid document along with the online application.
Peter F. Vallone Scholarship Award and Benefits
Peter F. Vallone Scholarship award covers academic expenses such as tuition fees, fees, book expenses, and other related expenses. The scholarship opportunity is to help students of the university to build their confidence while helping them to develop themselves as great future leaders.
The belief is that when academic expenses are taken care of, students will be able to focus more and devote quality time to their studies.
Scholarships you may also like to apply for:
- Google Lime Scholarship 2021
- Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship For African Students 2021
- Abby’s Closet Dreams Can Come True Scholarship 2022
- Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship for US students
- Scholarships for KATS (Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society)
- Adam Ferrari Health Science Scholarship 2021
All applicants should visit the official website of the scholarship to confirm the current deadlines of the scholarship.