Brief History of NIPOST
The Nigeria Postal service NIPOST was established on January 1, 1985, as part of the Nigeria Telecommunications Limited (NITEL). The emergence of NITEL came from the Telecommunications Department of the Ministry of Communications with the former Nigeria External Telecommunications Limited (NET). Through the promulgation of decree No. 18 of 1987, NIPOST became an Extra-Ministerial Department.
The decree provided among other functions of NIPOST, the following:
- To provide and operate facilities for collection, dispatch and distribution of inland and overseas mail at a reasonable cost.
- To provide and operate facilities for remittance of money through the money or postal order systems.
- To provide and operate philatelic services in Nigeria.
- To print and provide postage stamps for payment of postage tariff and payment of stamp duties.
- To represent Nigeria in its relations with other postal administrations and other bodies concerned with postal services. Prior to 1992, NIPOST operated as an Extra-Ministerial Department in the Ministry of Communications while Decree 18 of 1987 went through various amendments.
In response to the call to grant NIPOST some measure of autonomy, the Federal Government promulgated Decree 41 of 1992 and classified NIPOST as a Government Parastatal having the following basic functions:
- To develop, promote, and provide adequate and efficiently coordinated postal services at reasonable rates.
- To maintain an efficient system of collection, sorting and delivery of mail nationwide.
- To provide various types of mail services to meet the needs of different categories of mailers.
- Establishing and maintaining Postal facilities of such character and in such locations consistent with reasonable economics will enable the generality of the public to have ready access to essential postal services.
- To represent the Federal Republic of Nigeria is her relations with other Postal Administrations and International bodies.
NIPOST Recruitment 2022 Portal Login
NIPOST 2022 has opened open its portal for registration and we have created this page to update and inform you of the application process, basic requirements, and the application portal for NIPOST Recruitment 2022.
We are going to cover how to apply online through the official registration portal. We will highlight the basic qualifications that are necessary to have for the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) recruitment 2022.
NIPOST Recruitment 2022 Basic Requirements
All applicants are required to meet the following set of criteria for the NIPOST recruitment intake in 2022:
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma (HND)/Ordinary National Diploma (OND)/ National Certificate of Education (NCE) in relevant disciplines such as Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Must not be above the age of 35
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three subjects including English and at least passes in two other subjects
- National Examination Council (NECO)/ General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level passes in four subjects including the English Language obtained at two sittings
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Web Applications
How to Apply for NIPOST Recruitment 2022
Application for the year 2022 NIPOST recruitment is on and you can start applying by visiting the official portal of NIPOST to register to get the application form.
The official portal is www.nipost.gov.ng
NOTE: The NIPOST application is completely free for Recruitment 2022.
To apply, upload, and scan copies of your documents.
Make sure you read the guidelines on the official portal carefully.
Multiple applications are discouraged and can lead you to total disqualification. Selected candidates will be contacted upon being shortlisted for screening and interview.
We periodically updated this page to keep you informed with the latest news and about the application form for NIPOST recruitment 2022.
Check other recruitments…
- Police Recruitment Portal Registration 2022: See How To Apply
- Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Recruitment Portal 2022/2023: How To Apply
- NIPOST Online Registration And Recruitment Updates 2022
- PHCN Recruitments 2022/2023 Portal Registration And Application Form
- 2021 Nalda Recruitment Application Form & Portal Registration
- How to Check ICPC Shortlisted Candidates Names 2021 PDF
- NACETEM Recruitment 2021/2022 Online Application
- FAAN Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form & Registration Portal Login
- NEMA Recruitment Update: 2022/2023 Application Form & Portal Registration
- ICPC Recruitments 2021 Online Application Form & Portal Registration
- NDA Shortlisted Candidates 2021 List Is Out (Download PDF)
- NDA Recruitments 2021/2022 Application Form And Portal
- CBN Recruitment: Registration Portal and Application Form for 2022
- FCSC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form And Registration Portal
- DSS Recruitment 2021/2022 Online Application Form & Portal Registration
- Shortlisted Candidates [PDF] For Nigerian Navy 2021 Recruitment Exercise