Dear reader, it has been announced that the Nigerian Airforce BMTC Recruitment will begin on October 20, 2023 and end on December 11, 2023. To participate in the recruitment exercise, you can access the Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Application Portal. It is important to note that the application form is free of charge and you should avoid any website that claims to be affiliated with NAF and charges for the application form. Please follow the outlined guidelines to increase your chances of making the shortlist.
Difference Between NAF DSSC & BMTC Recruitment Exercise
The Nigerian Airforce recruitment exercise has three categories: BMTC Recruitment, DSSC Recruitment, and Regular Combatant. The main difference between BMTC and DSSC is that BMTC is a short training period for recruits to become Airmen and airwomen, and the training lasts for less than six months. On the other hand, DSSC is for degree holders who specialize in a specific discipline, and those shortlisted would be commissioned into the rank of flying officer. Regular Combatant recruitment is for non-degree holders who will undergo a rigorous training program to become Airmen and airwomen.
Here’s a table outlining the differences between the three categories:
|Regular Combatant||Direct Short Service Commission[DSSC]||Basic Military Training Course|
|Age Limit||17 years old and not more than 21 years old||None||18 and 22 For Non-Tradesmen and 18 and 25 for Tradesmen and Women|
|Duration||5 years[4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training]||6 months||1 to 6 months|
|Outcome||Bachelor’s Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), MidshipMan in the Nigerian Navy (NN), and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF)||Successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer||Would become Tradesmen & Tradeswomen respectively|
Procedures to Apply for NAF Recruitment (BMTC & DSSC) Exercise
To apply for either the Nigerian Airforce BMTC or DSSC recruitment exercises, you will need to use the online recruitment portal at nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng. Once the application forms are available, you can visit the portal, select the category you are interested in, and proceed to create an account on the application portal.
Requirements to Be Eligible for NAF 2023 Recruitment
The requirements for the Nigerian Airforce recruitment exercise vary depending on the category of recruitment. For BMTC Recruitment, the requirements are typically higher than those for DSSC Recruitment. Here is a summary of the general requirements applicants must possess to be eligible for the next recruitment exercise:
- Nationality: Applicant must be a Nigerian by birth with a means of identification to prove this.
- Age Requirements: All applicants must be at least 18 before applying and almost 22 years old, especially for the BMTC Recruitment exercise. The only exception to this age is for Medical Consultants (25-40 years) and Chaplains/Imams (20 – 32 years).
- Height Requirements: The minimum height for male applicants is 1.65m, while the minimum height for female applicants is 1.63m. You will be updated once the form is released if there is a minimum chest requirement for male applicants.
- Qualifications Needed: Applicants are expected to possess a Second Class Upper Division for holders of the First Degree and Upper Credit for HND holders.
- O’Level Result: Possession of an O’Level result with a minimum of at least five credits in relevant subjects(including English and Mathematics) is vital or important.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically fit before applying
- Local Government Area Attestation Form
- Relationship Status: Before applying, applicants are expected to be single; also, pregnant women are prohibited from applying (Note this is for the BMTC applicants)
- For BMTC Applicants alone: After applying, you would be expected to print out an acknowledgment slip, Attestation of Parent / Guardians Form, and Local Government Area Attestation Form
- A Bank Verification Number (BVN) is needed
Latest News On Nigerian Airforce Recruitment
As of now, the Nigerian Airforce Recruitment application form is currently unavailable. It is recommended to keep an eye on this page for updates on when the form will be released to the general public. This page aims to provide the latest updates and information on the Nigerian Airforce recruitment exercise to its readers.
Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Application Portal Login
The Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Application Portal is available at nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng and is the only portal used for recruitment by the NAF. It is important to note that the same portal will be used to apply for all categories of recruitment, and the same procedures will be followed for the next exercise. Please take note of the procedures outlined above when applying for the next recruitment exercise. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them below and don’t forget to share this article with anyone who might be interested in working with the Nigerian Airforce.