The Nigeria Police Academy is an important institution that trains individuals in the art of law enforcement and makes sure they’re ready to secure a safe country for economic growth.
The fees required by the Nigeria Police Academy aren’t high at all, but many people still worry about whether or not it’s worth their time since there are other options out there such as joining the military.
Those looking to join the Nigerian police force undergo background checks before they enter the NPA Academy.
The NPF is an institution where prospective candidates undergo rigorous training, including weapons handling techniques as well English language classes so they can communicate with people from different walks of life when on duty or responding during emergencies.
- 1 Nigeria Police Academy school fees
- 2 How much is the NPF Academy Application Form?
- 3 How do I obtain the 2021 police academy form?
- 4 The police academy school overview
- 5 How long is police academy training in Nigeria?
Nigeria Police Academy school fees
The Nigeria Police Academy training fee is very affordable. In fact, the Federal government of Nigeria even goes as far as paying the academy for some students of the academy, especially, students coming from poor backgrounds or who have passion but need financial assistance.
How much is the NPF Academy Application Form?
All candidates are expected to pay a sum of ₦3,500 for the application form. After payment, candidates will be considered for entry into the academy.
Note that, Applicants must meet the JAMB cut-off mark for the year before they can apply. Also, the application fees are non-refundable.
The academy’s history
Following the approval of the request, the British government was duly represented by a committee of people who submitted its report in 1982 detailing the country’s police training needs, and the police training academy was created in 1988, 6 years after.
The academy began with two temporary campuses located in Kaduna, which provided training for cadet ASPs and the Kano campus was for cadet inspectors.
Kano and Kaduna campuses were merged in 1996 to form a single institution that is now located in Wudil, Kano.
admission requirements of the Nigeria Police Academy 2021
- All applicants must have valid Nigerian citizenship and be aged between 17 and 22 years at the time of application.
- Male applicants must be at least 167 centimetres (5 feet 6 inches) tall, while females must be 162 centimetres (5 Feet 4 Inches) tall.
- The latter must also have an expanded chest size not less than 34 inches for those aged between 21 and 22.
- All candidates must be free from any mental or physical disability.
- Candidates should have at least six credits on their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB), National Examinations Council (NECO), or the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
- The candidate must have obtained a credit pass or higher in mathematics, English, and subjects relevant to their course of choice.
- A candidate must obtain satisfactory scores in an interview, written examination, psychological tests, and physical tests.
- Candidates must have a score of not less than 180 in the relevant UTME in the same year they are applying into the Nigeria police academy.
Important information regarding Nigeria Police Academy application
Candidates are advised to choose the Nigeria Police Academy as their first-choice institution during their JAMB registrations.
SSCE certificates or result statements earlier than 2016 are not acceptable by the academy. Admission into the academy is made on a 12 slots quota basis for each state of the federation.
How do I obtain the 2021 police academy form?
Step #1: purchase the RRR code for an amount of ₦3,500
Step #2: Download the form from the official website.
Step #3: fill the form and submit it.
In 2012, the government of Nigeria upgraded
The Nigeria police academy degree is awarded to graduates by the NPA as the arm of the government with the mandate to award degrees.
The Nigeria police academy is recognized as the 37th federal university in the country having been listed under the National Universities Commission.
The police academy school overview
The Nigeria Police Academy School is an institution established to operate with the standard of the Nigeria University Commission with four faculties subdivided into multiple departments:
Faculty of Management & Social Science Department of Sociology
Department of Social Works
Department of Psychology
Department of Political Science
Department of Economics
Department of Banking & Finance Department of Accounting
Faculty of arts
Department of Yoruba Department of Igbo Department of History & International Relations
Department of Hausa
Department of French
Department of English Language
Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology
Department of Physics
Department of Mathematics
Department of Computer Science
Department of Chemistry
Department of Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of law
How long is police academy training in Nigeria?
Cadet inspector and ASP programs are divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced and it runs for 18 months. The basic is for 6 months, intermediate 6 months, and the advanced stage lasts for 6 months; making a total of a period that is subdivided into three six-month learning stages: basic, intermediate, and advanced.