The ranking by Webometric has revealed the top 55 polytechnics in Nigeria. The best of these are Yaba College of Technology, Federal Polytechnic Ilaro and Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu, which comprise 33% each. Laspotech emerged as #1 among state-owned institutions with excellence rank at 80%.
The four factors considered were:
- Openness Rank
- Impact Rank
- Presence Score
- excellence rank.
These scores were then combined to calculate an overall Rank.
- 1 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria Based on Webometric 2022 Latest Ranking
- 2 1. Yaba College of Technology, Lagos
- 3 2. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- 4 3. Lagos State Polytechnic
- 5 4. Auchi Polytechnic
- 6 5. Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- 7 6. Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri
- 8 7. Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- 9 8. Petroleum Training Institute Effurun
- 10 9. Osun State Polytechnic, Iree
- 11 10. Ibadan Polytechnic
- 12 11. Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- 13 12. The Institute of Management Technology, Enugu
- 14 13. Federal Polytechnic Bida
- 15 14. The Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- 16 15. Kaduna Polytechnic
- 17 16. Federal Polytechnic, Idah
Best Polytechnics In Nigeria Based on Webometric 2022 Latest Ranking
1. Yaba College of Technology, Lagos
Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, has been a well-recognized institution providing quality education since it was established in 1947. The school attained autonomous and independent status in 1969 provide full time or part-time courses for students interested in various majors such as technology applied science commerce management to industrial needs relevant to Nigeria’s technical-vocational, and industrial challenges
The college also prides itself on being an educational leader both within its own country and outside to set the pace to model other colleges around Africa.
2. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
Federal Polytechnics, Ilaro is a prestigious institution in Nigeria that offer courses for skilled professionals. The polytechnic was established in 1979. Since then, it has gained popularity due to the wide range of professional programs it provides, including engineering, environmental studies, communication & information technology management studies pure applied sciences, among others.
3. Lagos State Polytechnic
Lagos State Polytechnic, an institution that offers both National Diploma and Higher National Certificate courses at undergraduate levels, has been recognized as one of the leading institutions in Nigeria for its high-level programs, with graduates being employed all over Lagos state and Nigeria.
4. Auchi Polytechnic
Auchi Polytechnic is one of the leading polytechnical institutions in Nigeria, with over 10 thousand students enrolled at Auchi. It was first established as a Federal Technological Institute by decree 1963. It became operational that same year on July 1st for Engineering courses offering Diploma or Certificate programs, allowing graduates to seek employment anywhere within federal government departments.
5. Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti is one of the second-generation Polytechnics established by law, through Decree No. 33 of July 1979. The polytechnic was first founded in 1977 as a College of Technology in Jos, Plateau State. It was later moved to Akure, Ondo State by the then Federal Military Government, which was in line with the Federal government harmonization plan of all Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
It was later translated from a College of Technology into a full-fledged Polytechnic in July 1979. It was renamed the polytechnic of Ado Ekiti after the Ekiti state independence in Oct. 1999. The polytechnic is known for its skill acquisitions curriculum which has helped many students to become job creators.
6. Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri
The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede is a federal government-owned higher institution located in Nekede, Owerri West local government area in Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria.
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede has 5 schools(faculties) of study namely;
- School of Engineering Technology(SET)
- School of Industrial and Applied Science(SIAS)
- School of Business Management Technology(SBMT)
- School of Humanities and Social Science(SHSS)
- School of Environmental Development Technology(SEDT).
7. Federal Polytechnic, Ede
The Federal Polytechnic, Ede is a Nigerian university that was established in the year 1992. It’s located in Ede with its main campus at Osun State, where it has continuously improved on standard every year since then.
8. Petroleum Training Institute Effurun
Petroleum Training Institute in Effurun, Delta State, was established by the federal government of Nigeria in 1973 as a prerequisite for membership in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Some of their departments include:
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Processing (PNGPD)
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Technology (ISET)
- Petroleum Marketing and Business Studies (PMBS)
- Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences (PEG)
- Electrical Engineering (EED), etc.
9. Osun State Polytechnic, Iree
Osun State Polytechnic Iree is a state-owned institution of higher learning in Osun, Nigeria. It was formerly known as the OSPOLY. It became autonomous on October 12th 1992, after Alhaji Isiaka Adeleke signed into law establishing this polytechnical school alongside his efforts with The Polytechnic at Esa Oké, also located within the capital city limits. Iree’s facility now houses both part-time & full-time students alike who are interested in education and careers. In addition, DPT programs exist for those looking to earn credit while still working, which attract many students to study and work.
10. Ibadan Polytechnic
Ibadan Polytechnic is one of the prestigious institutions in Ibadan. It was founded to provide an alternative higher education for those who could not gain admission into universities, specifically technical skill acquisition courses. As a result, the polytechnical college has produced many prominent Nigerians.
11. Federal Polytechnic, Oko
Federal Polytechnic, Oko is a Nigerian polytechnic based in Anambra State. It was previously known as the College of Arts Science and Technology (CAST). The school has been ranked among Nigeria’s best polytechnics, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking to get into their desired field.
12. The Institute of Management Technology, Enugu
The Institute of Management Technology, Enugu is a polytechnic college located in Enugu State that has received rankings as one the best schools for engineering and technology programs. It’s an excellent choice if you are interested in learning how to manage people or companies with modern technologies!
13. Federal Polytechnic Bida
Federal Polytechnic Bida is a Federal Government institution that was established in 1977. Federal Polytechnic Bida has seven faculties, namely:
School of Applied and Natural Resources, School of Business Administration, School of Engineering Technology, School of General Studies. School of Environmental Studies, School of Financial Studies, School of Information and Communication Studies.
The school also offers degrees like Engineering Technology or General Studies. Still, suppose those aren’t quite what you’re looking for, maybe. In that case, they have something more interesting on offer – namely, Financial studies where students can learn about finance from an applied angle (applying skills learned within this field) AND purely academically study how markets function…and communicate effectively.
14. The Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
The Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, also known as MAPOLY, is a tertiary learning institution in Abeokuta. It’s one of the best polytechs in Nigeria and has been named as such by 2021 rankings!
The polytechnic was formally established in 1980 as Ogun State Polytechnic during the military administration of Harris Eghagha, but the first set of 220 students was admitted in January 1979. The Ojere campus sits on 960 hectares with rolling land bound to its south by river-side borders, which make up about half its area.
15. Kaduna Polytechnic
Kaduna Polytechnic is one of the best polytechnics in Nigeria and an early-established institution located at the Tudun Wada area within Kaduna South local government. Established as a Technical Institute after Yaba Higher College received an upgrade with the proposal by HEC Commission, this polytechnic has been providing students with those interested in educational and professional excellence since 1956!
16. Federal Polytechnic, Idah
The Federal Polytechnic, Idah, is one of the best polytechnics in Nigeria. The philosophy behind this institution was to provide job creators rather than just seekers and since its establishment back in 1977.
The Federal Polytechnic, Idah is a selfless institution founded on the Philosophy of “Technology for Self Reliance”.
17. Federal Polytechnic Bauchi
18. Air Force Institute of Technology Nigeria
19. Federal Polytechnic Offa
20. Kwara State Polytechnic Ilori
21. Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Ikot Osurua
22. Abia State Polytechnic
23. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana
24. Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa
25. Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo Ohaji
26. Polytechnic Ibadan
27. Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
28. Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo
29. Plateau State Polytechnic Barkin Ladi
30. Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Oghara
31. Gateway ICT Polytechnic Saapade GAPOSA
32. Kogi State Polytechnic Lokoja
33. Edo State Polytechnic Usen
34. Elechi Amadi Polytechnic Rumuola
35. Crown Polytechnic
36. Igbajo Polytechnic
37. Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
38. Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi Uku
39. Heritage Polytechnic
40. AllOver Central Polytechnic
41. Benue State Polytechnic Ugbokolo
42. Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic
43. Jigawa State Polytechnic Dutse
44. Polytechnic Ife
45. Covenant Polytechnic Aba
46. Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri
47. Lagos City Polytechnic
48. Temple Gate Polytechnic
49. Interlink Polytechnic
50. Prime Polytechnic
51. Tower Polytechnic
52. Fidei Polytechnic Gboko
53. Federal Polytechnic Mubi
54. Dorben Polytechnic
55. Temple Gate Polytechnic Aba.
- Best Universities in Nigeria According to Global Ranking 2023
- How to Check Your Name on JAMB Matriculation List
- JAMB Myths and the Secrets for Passing UTME
- AAUA JAMB Cut-Off Mark for all courses
- How to Get JAMB Profile Code for 2023 Registration
- Approved JAMB CBT Centres for 2023 UTME & Direct Entry Registration Nationwide and Abroad
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) School Fees 2023
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) School Fees 2023
- Kogi State Polytechnic Lokoja School Fee 2022/2023
- List of Accredited JPTS Courses in Nigeria 2023
- JPTS School Fees for All Courses 2023
- Achievers University School Fees For All Courses 2023
- Novena University School Fees 2023
- Bauchi State University School Fees 2023
- FUTA School Fees for 2023 Academic Session
- Fountain University School Fees
- The Polytechnic Ibadan School Fees for ND & HND Students 2022/2023
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro School Fees For New And Returning students 2023
- Gregory University Courses and School Fees 2023
- Babcock University School Fees 2023
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) School Fees
- Covenant University School Fees 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Oduduwa University School Fees 2023
- FUOYE School Fees Structure For Fresh And Returning Students
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) School Fees
- Benson Idahosa University (BIU) School Fees 2023 Academic Session.
- DELSU School Fees by Departments and Academic Session
- School of Nursing School Fees In Nigeria
- How To Check BECE Result For JSS3 2023
- JAMB Regularization For NYSC Mobilization