Telecommunications equipment can also be used interchangeably as networking equipment since both functions in similar ways. Any telecommunication equipment relies solely on software to function properly. As such they require the service of technicians who understand how the hardware and software part of these equipment works
How does this industry manage to create tons of jobs?
Telecommunication or networking equipment connects systems and technology in the consumer and business sectors, and connects private data, voice networks and public switched telephone networks (PSTNs).
What is Telecommunications Equipment?
Telecommunication equipment originally was first used in the telephone networking industry but as technology advances, the term is now widely used across modern IT equipment including mobile devices and base stations, PBX equipment for contact centres, IP telephony, and traditional and enterprise networking equipment for LAN and WAN.
Different kinds of telecommunications equipment:
- Public switching equipment —analogue and digital equipment
- Transmission equipment — transmission lines, base transceiver stations, multiplexers, satellites, etc.
- Customer premises equipment — private switches, modems, routers, etc.
How Many Jobs are Available in Telecommunications Equipment?
The telecommunication equipment industry has a plethora of job opportunities, ranging from data analysts to computer service representatives. And every year, over 10,000 positions are open for new recruits apart from internship positions.
Multinational telecom companies like Verizon, AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, and Vodafone are multi-billion dollar market value companies. and together, have been estimated to create over 370,000 new jobs in the next few years.
If you are curious about the available position in the telecommunication equipment industry, read on! We have put together a list for you.
While many will think of programming language—Computer developers whenever they hear something like networking equipment or telecommunication equipment, it is worth knowing that there are other specialist positions that one can apply for apart from computer programing.
- Telecommunications Technician
- Telecommunication Manager
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Data Analysts
- Systems Manager
- Telecommunications Engineer
- VoIP Engineer
To give you an overview here is how much telecommunication equipment installers and repairers earn and what qualifies one to be an equipment installer. The likes of cable installers fall within this category:
|Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers|
|2020 Median Pay||$61,470 per year$29.55 per hour|
|Typical Entry-Level Education||Postsecondary nondegree award|
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation||None|
|On-the-job Training||Moderate-term on-the-job training|
|Number of Jobs, 2020||195,800|
|Job Outlook, 2020-30||-1% (Little or no change)|
|Employment Change, 2020-30||-2,200|
Best Paying Jobs in Telecommunications Equipment
1. Telecommunication Technician
How much does a Telecommunications Technician II make in the United States?
In the United State, an average Telecommunication Technician earns $70,736 per year based on the data collated as of February 2022.
Note that the salary can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
2. Data Analyst
Data analysts’ responsibility is to dig into big data and make it usable for the company they work for. They analyze data, automate information that is retrieved and prepare reports that show managers how the data could be applied to their business model to make an informed decision.
Data analyst responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing databases and data collection systems.
- Acquiring data from sources, and identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in the data sets.
The average Data Analyst salary in the United States is $79,761 per year. Although, this typically ranges between $70,073 and $89,040 per year
3. Telecommunications Manager
Telecom Managers are saddled with the responsibility of the planning, devising, building, configuring and commissioning telecommunications equipment, networks, and systems, including voice, data, satellite, microwave, digital data systems, etc. Also, the company they work for relies on them for the requirements and determination of the cost of equipment, devices, and services.
The average Telecommunications Manager’s salary in the United States is $127,183 per year as of February 2022.
4. Systems Manager
Computer and information systems managers’ role is to supervise organizations’ computer-related activities by planning, installing, and monitoring software and hardware to meet overall information technology needs. They also oversee budgets, information security and implementation of new technology as required by the company to meet certain product design needs.
The average salary for a Systems Manager, in IT, is $87,761 per year according to PayScale.com.
5. Telecommunications Specialist
Telecommunications Specialists and manger work in the same department. However, as one focuses on the management of the equipment, the other – the specialist is responsible for working out and overseeing the interaction between computer systems, communication methods, and devices. They work on the installation and maintenance of those systems, including repairing and testing them before deployment.
According to PayScale, the average salary for a Telecommunications Specialist is $65,238 per year.
6. Computer Programmer
A computer programmer also goes by the name software developer, or simply programmer or is a person who creates computer software. The term computer programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computers or to a generalist who writes computer programs.
According to payscale.com, the average salary for a Computer Programmer is $65,307 per year.
7. Cable Installer and Repairer
Cable installers work with telecommunication technicians to install, repair, and maintain residential cabling for internet and television services. The duties of a cable installer and repairer include installing feeder lines that provide cable access to homes and businesses, laying ground cable, and setting up associated equipment for customers.
The average hourly pay for a Cable Installer is $16.72 per hour.
8. Telecommunication Operator
Any candidate seeking to gain employment in telecommunication operations is expected to manage incoming calls, collect required data, have fast and accurate typing, route calls to where they need to go and record conversations where required.
In the United States, the average Telecommunications Operator’s salary is $27,213 per year as of February 2022.
9. Customer Support Technician
A Customer support technician functions as a customer representative and their main duties are to maintain the network; troubleshoot, test network backup procedures, and update the documentation. They also maintain customer rapport by listening and answering questions, resolving concerns in a timely manner, and maintaining a safe work environment by following standards and policies. A customer support technician and representative’s salary is put at $14.85 per hour by Payscale.
Is Telecommunications Equipment A Good Career Path?
Certainly Yes! It is a career worth pursuing. However, to qualify for jobs in the telecommunication equipment industry, you must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in information engineering or telecommunication or a related field. A certification in computer programming (online or offline) can be helpful as well as system design and networking.
The telecommunication industry offers a lot of job opportunities for aspiring young ones who have the qualification and are interested in the field. It is one of the many industries that pay well and compensate their workers alongside remuneration with health insurance and many more.
- Nigerian Army 2023/2024 86RRI Recruitment Application Form is Out
- Cdcfib Immigration (NIS) Recruitment Portal Login 2023/2024 Application
- NPC Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form & Closing Date
- If a student majors in marketing, which career options will be available?
- Nigerian Airforce(NAF) Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Portal Now Open
- NDLEA Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Portal
- NDA Shortlisted Candidates 2023 list is Out (Check PDF | www.nda.edu.ng)
- Nigeria Police Shortlisted Candidate 2023 List Download NPF Computer Based Test(CBT)
- NDA Recruitment Exercise 2023
- Latest First Bank Nigeria Plc Recruitment Opportunities
- CBN Recruitment 2023/2024 Registration Portal And Application Form
- FCSC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form And Registration Portal
- DSS Recruitment 2023/2024 Online Application Form & Portal Registration
- NAFDAC Recruitment Application Form 2023 (Apply Online)
- How to Apply for The NHIS Nationwide Recruitment 2023/2024 Online Application
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form & Registration Portal
- FIRS Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Guide
- EFCC Recruitment 2023 Portal Registration
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form 2023 Application, Requirements & Closing Date
- Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment Portal 2023 – Apply for NCS Application Form
- NNPC Recruitment 2023: Qualifications, Requirements & Deadline
- INEC Recruitment 2023 Portal
- Ongoing Recruitment at Dangote Refinery 2023
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment 2023/2024: Registration & Requirements
- FRSC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
- N-Power Job Recruitments 2023/2024: How to Apply
- ICPC 2023 Recruitments Application Form & Portal Registration
- How to Check ICPC Shortlisted Candidates Names 2023
- Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) Recruitment
- NACETEM Recruitment 2023/2024