The Integrated payroll and personal information system (IPPIS) is a Department under the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The IPPIS headed by Dr Nsikak Ben works in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Finance, Office of the Head of Service, the Civil Service Commission, Office of the Auditor General of the Federation, and MDAs enrolled on IPPIS.
The department is responsible for payment of salaries and wages directly to Government employee’s bank accounts with appropriate deductions and remittances of 3rd party payments such as:
- Federal Inland Revenue Service
- State Boards of Internal Revenue
- National Health Insurance Scheme,
- National Housing Fund, Pension Fund Administrator, Cooperative Societies
- Trade Unions Dues,
- Association Dues
- Bank Loans.
Since the IPPIS project started in April 2007, the department has saved the Federal Government of Nigeria billions of Naira by eliminating thousands of ghost workers from payroll.
- 1 What does IPPIS Really Do?
- 2 The Aim of IPPIS
- 3 Criteria for Getting Started With IPPIS?
- 4 Important Information Before You can Apply for IPPIS Loan for Federal Government Employees
- 5 3. Supporting Documents for IPPIS Application
- 6 Requirements To Apply For IPPIS Loan for Federal Government Employees?
- 7 When Does IPPIS Pay Salary for Workers?
- 8 IPPIS Contacts Information
What does IPPIS Really Do?
- The IPPIS is also saddled with the responsibility of payroll Remittance and deductions to third parties
- Enrollment of employees into the IPPIS database.
- Make an accurate payment on time within statutory and contractual regulations.
Currently, there are about 696 MDAS on the IPPIS Platform which issues out Payslips and payment of salary to about One million (1,139,633) Federal Government Employees across these MDAs.
Below are the aims of the IPPIS department of the federal government
The Aim of IPPIS
- Ippis aims to provide a customer-centric payroll service using technology wherever possible.
- To enrol all Federal Government MDAs that draw personnel cost funds from the Consolidated Revenue Fund into the system.
- Process payment of salary to over One million (1,139,633) Federal Government Employees across the 696 MDAs.
- To pay FGN employees on time and accurately within statutory and contractual obligations.
Criteria for Getting Started With IPPIS?
1. Individuals must be a bonafide staff of an MDA and employed in line with prescribed public service rules.
2. Individuals must be at least 18 years old and not more than 50 years old.
Important Information Before You can Apply for IPPIS Loan for Federal Government Employees
- Registration for IPPIS is through the official website portal at www.ippis.gov.ng.
- Once the registration form is completed by the employee and uploaded into the IPPIS payroll system, the staff will be registered & quoted accordingly.
- Then a summary slip would be generated for the officer to be endorsed by appropriate officials of the MDA in duplicate copies. The officer would keep one while the MDA would keep one for the enrollment.
- The officer must present himself physically for biometric data capturing where the facial picture would be taken (religious inclination of female staff is recognized where only the face is taken without requesting for the ears women in puddah (nikaf) would be required to be taken in private by a female official of the project consultants/federal documents civil service commission).
3. Supporting Documents for IPPIS Application
The following documents would be scanned and uploaded into the IPPIS Payroll System:
- The self-generated and duly signed IPPIS Summary sheet;
- Staff letter/gazette of the first appointment – new employer need to submit evidence of assumption (if any)
- Letter of last promotion (if any);
- Birth certificate/affidavit of declaration of age (not newly done);
- Your ten-finger impression would be taken as well as your facial picture which will be stored on the IPPIS application without which your salary would not be processed;
- The document would become a permanent record in the IPPIS application for future reference and the staff would not be able to change these at will. This is also to avoid falsification of records in the future.
Requirements To Apply For IPPIS Loan for Federal Government Employees?
To apply for IPPIS Loan in Nigeria, the employee must fulfil the following requirements:
- Your IPPIS number
- Salary Payslip
- Bank statement of account
- Employment / Confirmation / Deployment Letter (Any of the following)
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Valid National ID card
- Work ID card
Now you can proceed to the official website of IPPIS for more details about loan application using your IPPIS number
When Does IPPIS Pay Salary for Workers?
1 Salary through IPPIS is paid after the monthly federal account allocation committee meeting; the dates are not however specific but salaries are paid between 20th –25th of every month.
2. Some staff may experience delays in their payments if there are discrepancies in their bank details
IPPIS Contacts Information
IPPIS Number +234 908 700 5735
Location: Accountant-General of the Federation Treasury House Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki 11, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Best Australian University for Psychology 2022
- 16 Best Nursing University in Australia 2022
- Best Universities in Nigeria [2022 Ranking Update]
- Best University for Psychology in UK [2022 Global Ranking]
- 10 Best Medical University in UK 2022
- Best University for Physiotherapy in UK 2022
- Best Universities for Finance in UK 2022
- #17 Best Universities for Biomedical Sciences in the UK
- 16 Best Universities for Criminology in UK [2022 Updated]
- #20 Best Universities for Biology in the UK
- Best Universities in France [2022 Global Ranking Update]
- Swarthmore Acceptance Rate & Admission Requirements 2022
- Is Major Chemicals a Good Career Path in 2022? [Check Pros & Cons]
- University of Tampa Acceptance Rate & Admission Requirements
- Boston University Acceptance Rate 2022
- Georgia Tech Acceptance Rate & Transfer Requirements 2022
- Catholic University Acceptance Rate 2022
- Is Human Resources a Good Career? [check for pros&cons]
- Is Homebuilding a Good Career Path? [Check Pros & Cons]
- Should I Accept an Internship Outside of My Field of Study?
- MCAT Cost 2022: How Much Does it Cost to Apply for Medical School?
- How to Borrow Money (Loan) From Cash App 2022
- What Is Trade School & How Do You Apply To Trade Schools?
- Applying for a Loan Online or In-Person: Which Should You Go for?
- Is Investment Manager a Good Career Path?
- List of Career Opportunities in Nursing
- Investment Opportunities in Nigeria: Best Ways to Invest Money in 2022
- List of Agricultural Investment Platforms in Nigeria 2022
- Top 75+ Low Investment High-Profit Business Ideas
- POS Agent: How to Operate POS Machine in Nigeria