Today, if you are interested in knowing how to transfer money from M-Pesa to a KCB account, you are in the right place.
Sometimes we need available options to pick from and those who do not have an account with an equity bank but a KCB account can also fund their account right from their M-Pesa account.
KCB is among the most preferred providers of financial solutions in Africa. The company has a global audience with a wider reach and strives to drive efficiency while growing its market share.
Let’s start with a brief overview of KCB mobile banking to get an idea about how to send money from M-Pesa to KCB.
- 1 KCB Mobile Banking Overview
- 2 M-Benki Features
- 3 How to Open a KCB- M-Benki account in 60 Seconds
- 4 How to Open a KCB M-Benki account from M-Pesa
- 5 How to transfer funds from M-Pesa to a KCB account
- 6 How to withdraw money from KCB to an M-Pesa account
- 7 Sending money from M-Pesa to KCB charges
- 8 How do I purchase airtime on KCB mobile app?
- 9 KCB M-Pesa contacts
KCB Mobile Banking Overview
There is an account called the M-Benki account, which any individual who wants to access a host of mobile banking services from the bank can open, register and connect to numerous services straight out of the box in Kenya and in other nations where they have a reach.
The KCB mobile banking through the M-Benki account provides enablement where customers can control funds and create financial plans that work for them.
When you hear M-Benki, think of convenience.
- The mobile banking platform allows customers to check their bank balances and bank statements, and buy credit right from their devices;
- M-Benki allows you to transfer money to other KCB banks;
- Transfer funds to other banks easily and effortlessly;
- You can easily deposit money into and withdraw from an M-Pesa account;
- Purchase airtime credit irrespective of the network.
How to Open a KCB- M-Benki account in 60 Seconds
- First, go to the M-Pesa menu on your phone toolkit, if you are not a customer of KCB bank
- Choose payment services, then “pay bill”. Input KCB Paybill number 522522 in when prompted with a business number.
- Select the account, then enter “ID” accompanied by your ID number in the format ID23456789.
- You will be asked for an initial deposit or the amount you want to deposit.
- Once this is successful, input your M-Pesa PIN to authorize the transaction so that it can go to completion.
Note: You will receive two short messages; the first one will come with your user ID and your personal identification number. And the second message will follow afterwards with your M-Benki account number.
Another point to note is that if you are an existing client you can register for M-banking at the nearest KCB bank.
How to Open a KCB M-Benki account from M-Pesa
- Go to the M-PESA menu
- Choose Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Paybill and enter Paybill number 522522
- Under Account, type ID plus your National ID Number with no space in between. E.g., ID123456789.
- Enter the amount to deposit and your M-Pesa PIN.
Note: You will receive two SMS; the first one will be your M-Benki account number. And the second message will follow afterwards with your transaction PIN.
Now that you have your M-Benki account set up, let’s go on to the steps to transfer money from the M-Pesa account to the KCB account…
How to transfer funds from M-Pesa to a KCB account
Sending money to a KCB account from M-Pesa is very simple. Here are the steps to take:
- Go to your M-Pesa menu,
- Choose Lipa na M-Pesa,
- Enter the PayBill number 522522,
- Enter the KCB account number you are transferring money to and the amount
- To send money, enter your M-Pesa PIN and confirm.
How to withdraw money from KCB to an M-Pesa account
Withdrawing money from a KCB account to an M-Pesa account is as easy as sending money from M-Pesa to a KCB account. Here are the steps to follow:
- Step #1: dial *522# in your phone and enter your M-Benki secret PIN
- Step #2: Select MyKash from the pop-up menu, and then M-Pesa.
- Step #3: Enter any amount you wish to transfer, provided it does not exceed fifty Kenyan shillings or KSh.
- Step #4: Accept and complete the transaction if all is well.
- Step #5: Get an SMS alert of the said amount deposited into your account.
Note: M-Pesa grants multiple choices to send money, and you can do that either to your phone or any other.
Sending money from M-Pesa to KCB charges
Every deposit transaction done via Mpesa to KCB is free of charge.
However, sending money through Safaricom M-Pesa may incur some fees. Here are the KCB charges you need to know:
- Dialling on to KCB Mobi Bank via USSD is charged by your mobile phone subscriber. Safaricom subscribers pay Kshs. 2.
- Balance enquiry is charged at Kshs. 33
- The mini statement is charged at Kshs. 33
- Forex rates are free.
- Airtime purchase for own phone and other phone is free
- M-Pesa transfer from the KCB account to M-PESA is Kshs. 55
- Mobi Loan and Kopa Bill Loan are charged an interest of 6%
- Salary Advance is charged an interest rate of 8% per month.
How do I purchase airtime on KCB mobile app?
- Open the KCB App icon
- Select Transact
- Choose Airtime
- You can purchase for own phone or pick a recipient from the contact list
KCB M-Pesa contacts
You can reach out to M-Benki client mind centres for more details using any of these mediums:
- Short Message: 22522
- Contact No.: 0732 187000 or 0711 087000
- Facebook Account: KCB Bank Group and
- Twitter Handle: @KCBgroup
Read Related Posts…
- POS Agent: How to Operate POS Machine in Nigeria
- Baxi Box POS Charges and Commission Rates
- PalmPay POS Charges: Price & Commission Rates, Types & Tiers
- How to Transfer Money From M-Pesa to KCB Account in 60 Seconds
- How Much is a Washing Machine (Front Loading & Top Loading)?
- Cheapest POS Charges List in Nigeria 2022
- Moniepoint POS Vs OPay POS Charges and Commissions: Which is Better?
- Parallex Bank Account Opening, Recruitments & POS Agents Information
- PayCentre POS Transaction Charges, Price & Agent Commissions [All You Need To Know]
- First Monie POS Charges: How to Start a POS Business With First Bank
- Gtbank POS: How to Start POS Business With GTBank in 2022
- Nomba POS Charges: How Much is Kudi POS Daily Target?
- OPay POS Machine: How to Apply & Become an Opay Agent
- What is an Android POS Machine?
- Which Bank is Good for POS Business in Nigeria?
- Challenges Associated With Starting POS Business in Nigeria
- 11 Best POS Machines in Nigeria 2022 [that are easy to get]
- How to Start a POS Business in Nigeria 2022
- MoMo Agent POS: How To Apply, Commission, and Charges
- Moniepoint POS Agent: How to Apply, POS Price, Charges, Commission & Benefits