Looking for an alternative way to reach the world and sell your products without a website? Instagram can be a solution for you! You can sell your products on Instagram without the need to worry about setting up a website and maintaining one.
Instagram is a popular free platform that allows you to establish and build your online presence, advertise, sell products, and ultimately, generate revenues in return.
Instead of directing customers to a website, businesses can reach out to customers where they spend their free time. Many eCommerce businesses are also using Instagram Feed on their websites to showcase shoppable posts. According to a report by Clutch, approximately 36% of small companies do not have a website, because small businesses think their operation is too small to need a website.
Instagram shopping stats reveal that 70% of online shoppers use Instagram as a preferred platform for discovering brands and solutions for their varied needs. This makes Instagram an attractive place to set up shop and reach customers.
This article discusses how to sell on Instagram without a website. But first, let’s take a look at some interesting stats that make Instagram a profitable platform to sell online without a website.
Here are some interesting statistics on Instagram usages:
- Instagram has over 1.22 billion monthly active users.
- 130 million users click on shoppable posts on Instagram every month
- Largest demographics are represented by the age group 25-34-year-old; attributing to 31.7% of the total Instagram population–70% of Instagrammers are under 34 years.
- 25.31 % of the world’s population uses Instagram
- Instagram stories has over 500 million daily active users
- More than 30% of the 500 million story views per day are for branded content
- 87% of Instagram users live outside the U.S.
- India has the highest number of users on Instagram (230.5 million), followed by the U.S. (159.75 million), and then Brazil (119.45 million).
- 47.8% of all Instagram users are female, while 52.2% are male.
- Business accounts with fewer than 10,000 followers have an average engagement rate of 1.11%. While Business accounts with 10,000-100,000 followers have an engagement rate of 0.93%.
- Instagram has over 4.2 billion likes on posts every day.
- 61% of Gen Z TikTok users plan to spend more time on Reels
- Posts with tagged locations get 79% more engagement than those without tags.
Is it Possible to Sell Things on Instagram Without a Website?
Yes, you can sell on Instagram without a website. Many small businesses are using Instagram as an eCommerce market for selling their products online.
Although website domain is one of the primary requirements to sell on Instagram as per Instagram’s commerce eligibility requirements, if you are willing to start an eCommerce store and you’re on a budget, Instagram still allows you to sell your products to potential customers without a website. All you need is to include a payment link in your profile bio and direct customers to make payment via the link. As your business grows, you can connect it to your eCommerce website.
Why Choosing Instagram to Sell Products in the Absence of a Website?
Selling products on Instagram has become increasingly popular for businesses of all sizes. The platform is a visual platform where you can share multiple images for your eCommerce products.
There are several reasons why this platform may be a great option for selling your products:
1. Large User Base
Instagram has a massive user base that has positioned it as the fourth most popular social platform globally, with well over 2 billion monthly active users. It has a diverse audience base, ranging from Gen-A to baby boomers, meaning that there is a vast potential audience for your products. Instagram is user-friendly and customers enjoy using it, making it an excellent way to provide a pleasant shopping experience. It can increase engagement rates, reach out to a wide customer base, and make selling products easier as Instagram users tend to be highly engaging with many spending hours scrolling through the app each day.
2. Ecommerce Features:
Another reason to sell products on Instagram is that the platform offers a range of features that can help you showcase your products effectively. For example, you can create visually stunning product images and videos, use hashtags to reach a wider audience, and even set up a shop directly on your Instagram profile.
3. Setup “Online Store” at no Cost
Selling on Instagram without a website is an easy and cost-effective task. Start by creating a business account, grow your follower count, and use the right strategy to sell. Instagram is an excellent platform to grow your online business if used correctly. By selling on Instagram, you provide great value to users, which can establish trust and increase the chances of returning to your online store when they are ready to make a purchase.
How to Make Instagram Shop Without Website
Selling on Instagram has become the latest trend for businesses and entrepreneurs. With over 2 billion active users, Instagram offers a huge potential market for sellers. However, not everyone has a website to sell their products. If you are one of those, don’t worry! There is a way to set up an instagram shop without a website. This section of the article highlights some of the best ways to do that:
1. Start by Picking a Product Within a Niche
If you’re wondering how to start selling on Instagram, the first step is to choose a product and niche that will guide the expansion of your business on the platform. It’s important to have a deep understanding of your chosen niche to help grow your business. Focusing on a specific niche will also make it easier for your target audience to discover your business and find solutions to their problems. Once you have chosen your niche, you can use relevant hashtags on Instagram to attract customers.
2. Setup an Instagram Business Account
Having a business Instagram profile provides a competitive advantage in selling through Instagram. Benefits of having a business account include access to built-in analytics to measure content performance, the ability to promote high-performing posts, direct shopping within the app, and the ability to add swipe-up links to stories for accounts with 10,000+ followers. Business accounts can also add contact details for easy customer connection.
How to Setup an Instagram Business Account
To set up an Instagram business account, here are the step-by-step instructions to follow:
- First, make sure you have an active Facebook Page for your business. You’ll need this to connect your Instagram account.
- Once you have a Facebook Page, go to your Instagram profile and tap the three lines in the top right-hand corner.
- Select “Settings” and then “Account.” For some accounts, the Switch to professional account option will be listed directly under Settings.
- Tap “Switch to Professional Account” and then “Business.”
- Connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram account.
- Fill out your business information, including your email address, phone number, and address.
- Choose a category for your business.
- Add a profile picture and bio to your Instagram account.
- Start posting content and engaging with your followers!
3. Craft a Unique Bio
An attractive bio is crucial for impressing visitors to your Instagram profile. To create a solid bio, follow these steps:
Writing Your Instagram Bio
Are you struggling to come up with the perfect Instagram bio? Your bio is the first thing people see when they visit your profile, so it’s important to make it stand out. Here are some tips to help you write a killer bio:
- Keep it short and sweet. You only have 150 characters, so make every word count.
- Highlight your unique qualities. What makes you stand out from the crowd?
- Use emojis to add some personality. They can help break up the text and make your bio more visually appealing.
- Include a call to action. What do you want people to do after they visit your profile?
- Update it regularly. Your bio should reflect your current interests and goals.
Remember, your Instagram bio is like a first impression, so make it count!
Example of Good Instagram Bio
Looking for ideas on what to write in your Instagram bio? Here are some examples to inspire you:
- Travel enthusiast | Capturing the beauty of the world, one photo at a time 🌍✈️
- Foodie | Sharing my love for good food and great company 🍴👩❤️👨
- Fitness junkie | Inspiring others to live a healthy lifestyle through fitness and nutrition 💪🥗
- Fashion lover | Always on the hunt for the latest trends and sharing my personal style 👗👠
- Dog mom | Proudly spoiling my furry best friend and sharing his adventures 🐶❤️
Use these examples as a starting point and customize your bio to reflect your unique personality and interests.
4. Create & Organise Your Products Catalog
Instagram is a photo-sharing site that allows you to post attractive images and captions to entice customers. By creating a product catalog with appealing images and captions, you can encourage customers to make a purchase. Instagram also allows for easy sharing of product catalogs, and customers can purchase directly from the platform. Additionally, you can tag products in your catalog for easy navigation.
How to List Products on Instagram
To list your products on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Check if your business is eligible to sell products on Instagram in your market.
- Switch your Instagram account to a Business Account.
- Upload product photos with descriptive captions as part of your Instagram feed post.
- Turn on the ‘Shopping’ option in your account settings and wait for approval.
- Once approved, upload a product catalog or brochure in your Instagram shop and tag products listed in the catalog in your feed posts and stories.
- Tag up to 5 products from your catalog in each post and use ‘product stickers’ in story posts to list your products. The sticker tray provides custom sticker icons for the products in your catalog that you can add to your story to highlight your products.
5. Include Payment Options to Your Instagram Account
To accept payments on your Instagram account, there are several options available. One way is to create an order form and add it as a link in your account bio, where customers can browse your products and services from your posts, place an order and make payment via bank transfer, mobile wallets or third-party payment platforms. Alternatively, you can share payment details in DMs for a personalized approach. You can also use the ‘Shop’ feature to direct customers to active product pages with price details and payment links or link to an e-commerce platform where you sell your products. Another option is to create a form for collecting customer details and place the payment page link in your bio or share it via DMs using third-party Payment Pages, which offers custom URL, branded landing pages, pre-made templates, and the ability to track visitors.
6. Use Relevant Hashtags for Wider Reach
Using hashtags can help you reach a wider audience and increase your chances of making sales. You can use relevant hashtags that are related to your products and industry. When people search for those hashtags, they will come across your posts and discover your products. You can also create your own branded hashtag that customers can use when they post pictures of your products.
To find the perfect hashtags for your product, you can use a hashtag research tool. By entering the most relevant hashtags, you can get several suggestions. However, it is important not to stuff your post with too many hashtags. While Instagram supports adding up to 30 hashtags, it is advisable to limit it to 4-5 hashtags per post. This will help you gain engagement.
7. Engage Audience with Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories can be a great way to promote your products and drive sales. You can use Instagram Stories to showcase your products, provide sneak peeks, and share behind-the-scenes content. You can also use Instagram Stories to create polls and ask your followers what they think about your products. To make it easy for customers to purchase your products, you can add a “Swipe Up” link that takes them directly to the product page.
Here are some tips for using Instagram stories effectively:
- Use the countdown timer to create a sense of urgency among your customers.
- Engage with your audience by using question stickers, polls, quizzes, and other interactive features.
- Keep your top-performing stories in highlights to showcase your best content and make it easily accessible to your followers.
8. Create Posts Consistently to Engage Followers
Consistent posting and engagement are key to expanding your business on Instagram. Creating a solid content plan is crucial to converting visitors into customers. The plan should be practical and scalable. To create engaging content, post short and to-the-point captions, ask questions, and encourage followers to tag someone in the comments. Share photos of influencers promoting your product or customers using your product. Engage with your audience by starting conversations in the comment section.
What to post on your business Instagram feed
If you’re looking to post on your business Instagram feed, here are a few ideas to get you started. Note: we are choosing food niche as an example post ideas:
- Share Mouth-watering Photos: Post high-quality photos of your delicious food, including your signature dishes, daily specials, and new menu items.
- Highlight ingredients and cooking process: Share posts that highlight the ingredients used in your dishes and the cooking process. This is a great way to showcase your skills as a chef and educate your audience about the food you serve.
- Behind-the-Scenes: Give your followers a glimpse behind the scenes of your restaurant. Share photos of your kitchen staff at work, your chefs preparing dishes, and your servers taking orders. This can help humanize your brand and show your customers what goes into making their meals.
- Share Reviews and Feedback: Share positive reviews and feedback from your customers. This can help build trust and encourage others to visit your restaurant.
- Food-related events and celebrations: Share posts about food-related events or celebrations such as National Pizza Day or National Ice Cream Day. You can also create special menu items or promotions for these events.
- User-generated content: Encourage your customers to share their photos of your food and repost them on your Instagram page. This can help build a community around your brand and increase engagement.
Instagram Tools to Sell and Promote Your Business’ Shops Without a Website
- Instagram Reels: Instagram Reels is a feature on Instagram that allows users to create and share short videos with their followers. These videos can be up to 60 seconds long and can be edited with music, filters, and other creative tools. You can use Reels to showcase your products to relevant people.
- Instagram Highlights: This feature is a great way to curate and organize your content, and keep your profile looking fresh and engaging for your followers while showcasing your products
- Instagram Story Posts: Instagram Stories are a very effective way to engage with your audience and demonstrate how to use your products. Additionally, you can include direct message prompts or product stickers within your Stories as calls to action, encouraging your followers to engage with your brand and potentially make a purchase. This can help increase engagement and ultimately lead to more conversions.
- Instagram Live Posts: Instagram Live is a great way to connect with your audience in an authentic and engaging way, and can be used for a variety of purposes such as Q&A sessions, product launches, or behind-the-scenes glimpses into your brand.
- Instagram Sponsored Posts: Instagram Sponsored Posts are a type of advertising on Instagram that allows businesses and creators to promote their content to a wider audience. These posts appear in users’ feeds just like regular posts, but are labeled as “Sponsored” and can be targeted to specific demographics and interests.
- Instagram Insights: Instagram Insights is a feature on Instagram that provides users with valuable data and analytics about their account and content performance. With Insights, users can see information such as their follower demographics, engagement rates, reach, and impressions.
- Helpful guides and blogs: Instagram offers a variety of helpful guides and blogs that can provide users with valuable information and tips for using the platform effectively. The Instagram Business Blog, for example, provides insights and best practices for businesses looking to grow their presence on the platform.
Selling products on Instagram without a website is a viable option for businesses and creators looking to expand their reach and connect with their audience. By leveraging Instagram’s built-in features such as shoppable posts, direct messaging, and influencer partnerships, businesses can create a seamless shopping experience for their customers and drive sales directly through the platform. While having a website can certainly be beneficial, it is not always necessary for success on Instagram. By focusing on building a strong brand presence and engaging with their audience, businesses can leverage the power of Instagram shop to grow their business and reach new customers.