Canada will welcome more than one million immigrants between 2020 and 2023 alone according to a report from the Canadian Immigration Service.
- 1 Interested in moving to Canada with your family but don’t know where to Start?
- 2 Step by Step Process & Option to Migrate to Canada with your families
- 3 Is it Easy to immigrate with your family to Canada?
Interested in moving to Canada with your family but don’t know where to Start?
The good news is that there are many easiest ways to migrate to Canada in 2022. We understand that the list of Canadian immigration programs can be overwhelming and therefore, we have decided to keep things simple for our readers by outlining, in this post, some broad categories that apply across all 80+ pathways.
When migrating to Canada, your family is never an issue because the Canadian government allows you to come along with your family members if they have been processed for permanent residence as your dependents.
- your spouse or common-law partner
- your dependent child
- your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child
- a dependent child of a dependent child
Below are the family members that you can’t come with until you become a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
- your parents
- brother or sister
- uncle or aunt
- nephew or niece
- other relatives
Note that none of these people listed above as dependent can arrive in Canada before you. It’s either they arrive with you or after you.
You can easily arrange and sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada.
Step by Step Process & Option to Migrate to Canada with your families
There are many reasons one might want to relocate to Canada. And whatever reasons that may be here are options for your to consider to make your migration a smooth one:
1. Economic and Business Immigration Options
This option is for skilled professionals that can support the Canadian economy. There’s no one-size-fits-all description here as each program differs greatly.
The Economic and business immigration categories include:
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Express Entry
- Quebec Immigration
- Investor Programs
- Entrepreneur and Self-Employed Programs
- Other federal classes of immigration like the Caregivers Program, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot, the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, and the Agri-Food Pilot are an option to consider under economic immigration to Canada.
Once you move into Canada successfully, you can begin processing your permanent resident card, which will then allow you to sponsor your spouse and children/adopted children to move with you into Canada.
2. Express Entry Program
Express Entry Program is a Canadian Immigration Program that allows people moving into Canada to live and work in Canada through a provision called Express Entry.
The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is responsible for assessing, recruiting, and selecting immigrants who possessed the relevant qualifications and/or skills under the provisions of:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
3. LMIA Work Visa
The LMIA Immigration pathway allows immigrants to migrate to Canada under the conditions that they receive a Canadian job offer. This set of immigrants can apply for a work visa and move to Canada. Applicants will first apply for LMIA through Service Canada and later apply for the work permit after the LMIA has been approved.
4. Family Class Sponsorship
This is the category of Canadian immigration, which is made available to family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
The Canadian citizen can sponsor his family members such as:
- Spouse or common-law/conjugal partner
- Dependent child (adopted or biological)
- Parents and grandparents
You may also be eligible to sponsor your
- Orphaned brother or sister
- Orphaned nephew or niece
- Orphaned grandchild
What are the Requirements to Immigrate to Canada with my family?
As there are many different programs, the documents required for an immigration application vary. For example, you will find some immigration programs requiring Canadian experience and some only need your basic documents – Identification/travel documents, educational records, proof of work experience, financial history, etc.
What is the Maximum Age for Canadian Immigration?
While there’s no specific age limit requirement for anyone moving to Canada, applicants who are within 25-35 do receive the maximum points. But this doesn’t mean older applicants cannot be selected.
Is it Easy to immigrate with your family to Canada?
There are more than 80 pathways to migrate to Canada, which means you have a wide range of options to select from. You can do your research to find out which one will be easier for you. There are immigration programs that require higher qualifications and more documents and there are others that require fewer documents to process.
Do I Need a Job Offer to Immigrate to Canada?
No. A Canadian job offer is not a must for completing immigration programs in Canada.
Only a few per cent of Canadian immigrants actually received job offers before they came in.
What is a Permanent Resident?
A Canadian permanent resident is a status that gives citizens of other nations permission to live and work in Canada as permanent residents. It also gives you an opportunity to apply to become Canadian citizens, which then gives you the right to vote in Canadian elections.
What is a Citizen?
Canadian citizenship comes with many benefits. As one, you have access to healthcare, social services, support under the law, able to participate in national elections, and you can live, work, and study, anywhere in Canada.
Can I Work Anywhere in Canada?
A Canadian permanent resident status qualifies you to live, study and work anywhere in Canada. However, while you await your Canadian permanent resident status, proper authorization, and documentation, in form of a work permit that will allow you to work in Canada.
Can I Bring My Family to Canada?
If you want to relocate to Canada with your family the Express Entry system allows you to include your spouse and dependent children on the application, but not your parents. Under the family sponsorship programs, you can bring in your parents, or in-law only as Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Why is Canada Looking for Immigrants?
Canada opens the door for immigrants all over the world to keep the population growing and support the labour markets. They are trying to escape what happened to Japan in the 1990s, where a large proportion of its population was in prime working age and there were not enough people within the work age bracket to drive the nation.
You can Immigrate to Canada through a wide range of programs. And if you’re spoilt for choices and not yet sure how to select the right Canadian immigration program for you, here are the main categories of programs you should consider:
Permanent Residence: Immigration programs, which include economic programs (inclusive of Express Entry) and family sponsorship.
Work Permits: Programs that allow you to work in Canada for a limited period pending your permanent resident card.
Study Permits: Permission to study and work at approved institutions with an option to transition to permanent residence after studies.
- Apply for Susan Buffett Scholarship Award Application 2022
- Best Options to Migrate to Canada With your Family
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Scholarship 2022
- Apply for the Ongoing Federal Government Scholarship Application Form
- Top 18 NGO Scholarships in Nigeria 2022
- 2022 Joint Professional Training and Support International Scholarship (JPTS)
- Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2022
- Total Energies Scholarship Application 2022
- African-American Future Achievers Scholarships 2022
- Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
- Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship 2022
- Peter F. Vallone Scholarship Opportunity For CUNY Students
- Scholarships for KATS (Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society)
- Adam Ferrari Health Science Scholarship 2022
- Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship For US Students
- Top Scholarships Opportunity in Quebec for International Students
- Bright Flight Scholarship Application and Requirements
- Hellenic scholarship programme for foreign students from developing countries
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship For African Students 2022
- Scholarships in Canada (Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA, and Interior Design Courses)
- Scholarships for People with Brown Eyes
- Google Lime Scholarship Award 2022
- Abby’s Closet Dreams Can Come True Scholarship 2022
- Best Buy Scholarship for Canadians 2022
- Aviation Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- How to Apply for Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022
- How International Students Can Apply For Canadian Scholarships
- 5 Top Undergraduate Scholarships, Grants & Fellowships for International Students
- How is a Student Loan Different From a Scholarship?