Hellenic scholarship program for foreign students from developing countries is a form of financial assistance established to provide opportunities to nationals of developing countries to pursue their academic careers in institutions in Greece.
The aim of the program is to help aspiring future leaders acquire relevant knowledge, which they can put to use in the development of their country of origin.
While studying, students can learn from the Greek educational system, including their cultural heritage and values, and use it to transform their country.
The Hellenic scholarship program for foreign students from developing countries offers the scholarship opportunity to students who are studying or interested in studying in Greece.
The Hellenic Scholarship through the Development Cooperation and Assistance, award scholarship opportunities to over 100 recipients from different nations who are enrolled as full-time students of universities or colleges in Greece.
As foreign students from a developing country, if you are interested in the Hellenic scholarship program, then here is how to apply…
First, you need to submit a complete candidature file, that is, your scholarship application form and other necessary supporting documents to the Greek authorities in your country of origin through which it will get to the Hellenic Aid.
Hellenic scholarship Terms and Duration
One of the terms that students applying for the Hellenic scholarship program for foreign students from developing countries needs to know is that as a Postgraduate candidate, you must have been admitted to study the Postgraduate Course of your choice before your application can be accepted. The only exception is when the applicant’s acceptance is pending.
The Hellenic Scholarship Aid has the right to accept the applicants if the scholarship is awarded as scholars under the condition of their submitting the relevant declaration of acceptance, within a period of two months.
Candidates applying for the scholarship to fund undergraduate studies should note that enrollment for undergraduate programs only takes place the academic year that follows the Greek Language Course.
Note: Candidates are entitled to enroll, during September-October into the department they have been admitted to and are not entitled to be transferred to another department at a later stage.
Hellenic Scholarship Award and Benefits:
Scholars are entitled to the scholarship benefits listed below:
1. €600 monthly scholarship allowance
2. €1,000 as relocation fee + a monthly allowance of 650 euros for the first three months. Note: This only applies if the scholars were foreign residents at the time of candidature.
3. Recipients of the scholarship award qualify for free meals in the University.
Recipients also have access to free educational material such as books etc.
4. Recipients will be exempted from tuition fees in the above-mentioned Greek Language Centers.
5. Recipients can also have the opportunity of being exempted from tuition fees in some postgraduate programs
6. Access to free medical care in state hospitals.
7. The Scholarship award also includes an amount of €1,000, which is given to scholars after completing their studies within the stipulated time, and upon returning to their country of origin.
These are the benefits for recipients to enjoy. However, the scholarship does not cover Student’s accommodation expenses.
The disbursement of the Hellenic scholarship program scholarship price usually takes place one month after the arrival of the scholarship. The scholars should therefore be able to cope with The initial expenses, which will be covered up by the scholar.
Hellenic Scholarship Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
- Candidates must be foreign nationals of the countries included in the present call of interest
- Candidates must be 18+ before they can apply. This is part of the eligibility criteria because minors of age cannot be granted a residence permit.
- Applicants must hold a lyceum graduation certificate or an equivalent certificate of a secondary education institution.
- Applicants should have the right to enroll to higher academic or technological institutions in the country of issuance of the certificate Hellenic Aid- 4th Directorate 4
- In the case of postgraduate or doctoral degree programs, applicants must have been accepted in the relative programme of a Greek University before submitting their applications.
- Candidates who are Greek civil servants or related to civil servants of Greece are not allow to apply.
- Applicants from Greek or possessing Greek nationality are not allow to apply.
Hellenic Scholarship Supporting Documents
Candidates who are eligible to apply should ensure their applications are submitted before the deadline date. Their complete and signed file of candidature can be sent through the Greek Diplomatic Authorities located in their various country of residence.
The candidates can choose up to three departments of the same field in which they are interested in attending. Or indicate the postgraduate program including the University in which they are accepted.