Garri is one of the staple food in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. There is a traditional method of processing Garri, which is tedious, and labour intensive. And because of the energy requirements, it tends to take some time to complete it from the point of harvesting the Cassava roots to finishing.
But thanks to advancements in technology. With modern machines, cassava roots can now be processed faster than they use to be, saving time and labour.
This innovation in agriculture will reduce the rate at which youths migrate to the city and make the youths interested in Cassava processing and Garri production, creating a source of local livelihood opportunities that will enable businesses and households to thrive in their villages rather than be forced to migrate to overcrowded cities.
These modern Garri processing machines are made to function by replacing every step where human labours are involved; thus eliminating the stress and saving time and also helping in preserving farm produces from getting spoilt.
For instance, The cassava peeling machine has replaced the labour work involved in the peeling and washing without the use of the hands.
The cassava grinding machine usually comes with a 165 diesel engine, 7hp petrol engine, 8hp diesel engine, and 6hp petrol engine.
- 1 Garri Processing Machine Prices
- 2 Garri Processing Machine: How to Process Cassava Roots Into Garri
- 2.1 Step #1. Cleaning and Washing Cassava Roots
- 2.2 Step #2. Peeling Cassava Roots
- 2.3 Step #3. Grating Peeled Cassava Roots into Mash
- 2.4 Step #4. Fermenting Mash on the Fermentation Rack
- 2.5 Step #5. De-watering Mash into Wet Cake Using Hydraulic Press
- 2.6 Step #6. Sifting Wet Cake into Grits
- 2.7 Step #7. Roasting Grits (wet coarse Garri) into Garri (Dried Coarse Garri)
- 2.8 Step #8. Milling Coarse Garri into Fine Garri(Gari)
Garri Processing Machine Prices
|Garri Processing Machine||Price (Lower Range)||Price (Upper Range)|
|CI-81 Funnel cake fryer/Garri fryer/Henny penny fryer||₦12,000||₦22,000|
|Industrial Garri processing plant machinery Garri fryer||₦400,000||₦850,000|
|Kehuida Garri fryer/deep fryer without oil||₦34,000||₦92,000|
|Mertone continuous fryer cheap Garri cassava fryer||₦391,000||₦555,000|
|Locally Fabricated in Nigeria, Stainless Steel Manual Garri Fryer||₦60,000||₦120,000|
|Cassava Garri frying machine for Garri processing plant||₦500,000||₦1 million|
|Doing Stainless Steel cassava gari making machine Garri fryer||₦1.1 million||₦1.3 million|
|Henan Reliable deep fryer Garri frying machine||₦493,000||₦1.5 million|
|Garri Frymaster electric ventless deep fat fryer temperature control deep fryer churro machine and fryer||₦1.5 million||₦2.2 million|
|Food processing machinery industrial processing equipment fryer cassava Garri making machine||₦2 million||₦4 million|
|Factory supply cassava processing machinery Garri fryer for Garri making machine||₦3 million||₦4.5 million|
Garri Processing Machine: How to Process Cassava Roots Into Garri
The following steps explain Garri Processing using machines:
Step #1. Cleaning and Washing Cassava Roots
Cassava roots usually come with the soils and it is important that the roots are washed in clean water so as to ensure that the final product, which is Garri is free of sand or other particles. There are machines to help with the washing after they must have peeled the back away from the root. In the traditional way, the roots are first peeled once removed from the soil and then peel. either way, the soil particles must be removed and thoroughly washed before grating.
Step #2. Peeling Cassava Roots
Peeling involves removing the brown skin layers at the outer part, which protects the inner thick creamy layer.
Step #3. Grating Peeled Cassava Roots into Mash
Now, after the outer brown skin layer has been removed, the Cassava creamy roots can begin to go into the grating stage. At the grating processing, ensure these white-creamy roots are clean because once it goes into the grating machine, everything together with the specks of dirt and sand particles will be crunched and mixed together. Simply pour the clean roots while the engine is running to grate the peeled cassava roots into the mash.
Step #4. Fermenting Mash on the Fermentation Rack
At this stage, the crushing of the cassava tubers after peeling and washing is done. The next step is to collect the cassava slurry into a clean polythene sack and tie it, The cassava slurry must be left in the fermentation rack for one or more days before de-watering. This will allow the milky water to drain freely from the bags.
Step #5. De-watering Mash into Wet Cake Using Hydraulic Press
At step #4, not all the water will leave the sack therefore, there is a need to apply pressure using a hydraulic press. The hydraulic press has jack handles that can be lifted up and down until it becomes hard to move. By repeating this process several times on the bags, all the water will leave the sack leaving behind a firm wet cake.
Step #6. Sifting Wet Cake into Grits
This process involves breaking the wet cake into small pieces (grits) using clean stainless steel to avoid mixing with dirt or particles and most importantly to prevent corrosion. The environment also must be clean and not dusty. This sifting will remove the lumps to obtain uniform size grits. At this stage, the cassava roots are now called Garri (wet coarse Garri).
Step #7. Roasting Grits (wet coarse Garri) into Garri (Dried Coarse Garri)
Using an automated Garri fryer made of stainless steel material and with electricity, natural gas, firewood or charcoal as the heat source, the wet grits (wet coarse Garri) can now be roasted into dried coarse Garri(gari) with low moisture content.
The final Garri(gari) is usually recognized from the colour of palm oil fortified Garri or non-palm oil fortified Garri and crispy hand feel of particles.
Benefits of Gari frying machine:
1. Advanced and reliable cassava frying into pure coarse Garri.
2. Energy-saving, water-saving, labour-saving and little pollution.
3. Using fully stainless steel machines ensure no corrosion.
4. Advanced surface treatment craft.
5. Oil and dirty resisting.
Step #8. Milling Coarse Garri into Fine Garri(Gari)
The last stage is the milling of the dried coarse Garri into fine Garri(gari) with the uniform size, then pouring the fine Garri into a plastic lining inside a woven polythene sack. Although once the roasting is done, the staple food (Garri) is made, you can decide to mill it into finer Garri.
Finally, we have our Garri out of the cassava roots after harvest. Using modern technology ensures farm produce preservation and maximum use and preventing wastages. Having this business in the villages, can serve as a job opportunity and reduce unemployment and over congestion in the cities.
Sharing is Helping: Sharing is the least you can do to help someone who might benefit from this information.
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria Without a Website
- 20+ Legitimate Affiliate Marketing Sites (Programs) For Nigerians
- 6 Indispensable Factors for a Successful New Business
- Garri Processing Machine: Prices and How to Process Cassava Roots Into Garri
- How Much is a Washing Machine (Front Loading & Top Loading)?
- Cheapest POS Charges in Nigeria 2022
- PayCentre POS Charges and Agent Commissions
- First Monie POS Charges: How to Start a POS Business With First Bank
- Gtbank POS: How to Start POS Business With GTBank in 2022
- Kudi Pos Charges: How to Get Free Kudi Pos for Your Business
- OPay POS: How to Get Opay POS Machine in Nigeria
- What is an Android POS Machine?
- Which Bank is Good for POS Business in Nigeria?
- Best Fashion Schools In Abuja
- Best Restaurants (Chinese, Italian & Japanese) In Abuja 2022
- Business Ideas Series: How to Make Peanut Burger and Start selling
- eNaira App download: How eNaira Wallet will enhance the Cashless policy in Nigeria
- 11 Best POS Machines in Nigeria 2022
- How To Start A POS Business In Nigeria 2022
- MoMo Agent POS: How To Apply, Commission, and Charges
- Moniepoint POS Agent: How to Apply, POS Price, Charges, Commission & Benefits
- 15 Online Business Ideas That Pay Daily Without Investment 2022