The application form for the 2023/2024 Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) recruitment process is finally out.
This means that you can now begin to get your documents and credentials ready for application.
In this article, you will find answers to all the relevant questions regarding the recruitment process for the FIRS in 2023/2024.
If you require some guidance regarding the application procedure, this page is the right guide for you so make sure you read to the end in order not to miss any important information.
This page will continue to be updated to provide you with the necessary details regarding the 2023/2024 FIRS recruitment process.
Brief Description of the FIRS
The Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS Tax) is a compulsory levy imposed on the income of individuals, corporate bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures.
As part of its consolidation strategies, the FIRS is interested in recruiting the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, and to strengthen their workforce.
FIRS Recruitment Description
The recruitment descriptions of the FIRS is listed below:
- Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
FIRS Recruitment Requirements
The following requirements are desired of all interested applicants:
- Must be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary – externally and internally
- Must have commercial-business knowledge with the ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- Must be a self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Must be able to meet challenging targets and deadlines
- Must be a member of a relevant professional institution
Basic Qualifications/Skills Required
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative fields
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft Office, web applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to delegate duties effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
How to Apply
To apply for the FIRS Recruitment for 2023/2024 batch, log on to their official portal which is www.firs.gov.ng
Deadline of the FIRS Recruitment for 2023/2024
The deadline is not usually stated. But to be on the safe side, it is advisable to apply as soon as the application form is out
Is the Application Form Free?
The application form for the FIRS recruitment is free.
Can I Pay Someone To Register for Me?
Don’t pay money to anyone posing as a recruitment agent of the FIRS. As a matter of fact, disregard any information that is not directly from the official portal of the FIRS. Don’t forget that this page is simply a guide on the application process as we do not charge money for this guide.
Is the Application Form For The FIRS Recruitment for 2023/2024 Out?
The application form is not yet out. This page will be updated with the form as soon as it is out. So, keep refreshing this page to stay abreast of all the relevant information.