Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) 2022/2023 recruitment online application form is out!
The Federal Road Safety Corps is a legal agency created by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the main purpose of directing, regulating traffic, and penalizing offending road users.
The FRSC commenced the process of accepting recruitment applications to help the unemployment situation in Nigeria; creating jobs for unemployed Nigerian youths. Also, boosting the country’s economy while promoting the standard of living of the citizens.
We are going to share with you answers to the frequently asked questions about the FRSC recruitment and application process.
You’ll also find details about the recruitment processes – the general requirements, and qualifications – and including how you can successfully complete the online form on the portal for the 2022/2023 batch.
- 1 Brief Description of FRSC
- 2 Main Responsibilities of FRSC
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions on FRSC Recruitments 2022
Brief Description of FRSC
The Federal Road Safety Commission was founded by the Federal government of Nigeria in 1988 with the major responsibility of controlling and directing traffic on all highways within the country.
FRSC is a paramilitary agency with a license to operate under the Nigerian military. It focuses on regulating traffic on all major highways. And has the constitutional authority to arrest and punish traffic offenders.
Main Responsibilities of FRSC
If you have a keen interest in applying to join the FRSC, here are a few responsibilities of the commission that you should know.
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists, and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and issuing a driver’s license;
- Determining the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant before issuing a driver’s license;
- Producing and issuing number plates for vehicles;
- Regulation and standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting research into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such research;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
Below are the general requirements for all applicants. You are expected to know the general requirements of the FRSC to ensure you are qualified before going ahead with the application.
Here are the general requirements of the commission.
- Must be Nigerian by birth
- Must not be less than 18 years or more than 30 years old in 2021 (35 years will be considered for medical doctors)
- Must not be married
- Must not be less than 1.68 meters for males and 1.63 meters for females in height
- Must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters for men only
- Must be physically and mentally fit for paramilitary activities
- Must produce a certificate of medical fitness from any government hospital
- Must be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Must be of upright character
- Must have never been convicted of any criminal offence.
All interested applicants must also note that:
- Computer literacy and possession of a valid driver’s license is an added advantage
- Any certificate or qualification not declared at the time recruitment process will no longer be accepted for promotion in the commission
- Anyone found to have submitted a false document would be disqualified and prosecuted
- Double entries would be disqualified
- All shortlisted applicants would be required to take a computer-based examination to be conducted by JAMB
- All shortlisted applicants would also be required to undergo a drug test with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- All shortlisted applicants are expected to come along with a printout of their forms. They should also come with the acknowledgement
- You will not be charged a fee for this exercise
Available Vacant Positions and Requirements
The positions listed below are the new vacant ones in the FRSC. There are four main categories you should be familiar with.
- RMA Cadre
- MI Cadre
- Officer Cadre
- Officer (MBBS) Cadre.
- Road Marshal Assistant II: To qualify for RMA Cadre, candidates must have an at least SSCE, with credits in English Language and Mathematics
- Road Marshal Assistant III: For the position of RMA lll, candidates are required to have an SSCE, with three credits including the English Language.
- Artisans: This is for those interested in the posts of Tailors, Plumbers, Electricians, Mechanics, Motorcycle Riders, and so on. Applicants must have: a minimum of 4 passes in SSCE; Trade Test and/or other professional certificates; Drivers and Riders must have the appropriate class of Driver’s License
- Marshal Inspector I: Candidates applying for Marshall Inspector 1 must have an HND in relevant fields, an NYSC Discharge Certificate, and a Statement of Result not beyond 5 years.
- Marshal Inspector II: All applicants must have at least OND in relevant fields; a National Diploma in Community Health Extension Work; Statement of Result not beyond 5 years.
- Officer cadre: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Law, Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Laboratory Science, Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Mass Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities. Also, must have an NYSC discharge certificate.
Officer (MBBS) Cadre
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine; must also have an NYSC discharge certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions on FRSC Recruitments 2022
How do I apply for the FRSC recruitment process?
All applications are done online. You should follow these steps to apply:
Log on to their official website by following this link www.frsc.gov.ng
Fill out the online application form via this site https://recruitment.frsc.gov.ng
Verify and submit the form online
Print out the referee forms
Make sure they are completely filled before the screening
Submit them during the screening
Note: Multiple application is an automatic disqualification. The application is totally free.
When will the registration close?
From previous recruitment exercises, the FRSC recruitment process usually remains open for a period of 6 weeks. So, if you are interested, kindly follow the steps highlighted above and apply before the deadline date.
- Police Recruitment Portal Registration 2022: See How To Apply
- Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Recruitment Portal 2022/2023: How To Apply
- NIPOST Online Registration And Recruitment Updates 2022
- PHCN Recruitments 2022/2023 Portal Registration And Application Form
- 2021 Nalda Recruitment Application Form & Portal Registration
- How to Check ICPC Shortlisted Candidates Names 2021 PDF
- NACETEM Recruitment 2021/2022 Online Application
- FAAN Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form & Registration Portal Login
- NEMA Recruitment Update: 2022/2023 Application Form & Portal Registration
- ICPC Recruitments 2021 Online Application Form & Portal Registration
- NDA Shortlisted Candidates 2021 List Is Out (Download PDF)
- NDA Recruitments 2021/2022 Application Form And Portal
- CBN Recruitment: Registration Portal and Application Form for 2022
- FCSC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form And Registration Portal
- DSS Recruitment 2021/2022 Online Application Form & Portal Registration
- Shortlisted Candidates [PDF] For Nigerian Navy 2021 Recruitment Exercise