The Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship were established by the NCAA Committee on Women’s Athletics, the NCAA Minority Opportunities and Interests Committee with the aim of increasing opportunities for qualified minority and female candidates in intercollegiate athletics through graduate scholarships.
The Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship NCAA provide scholarship awards totalling $10,000 to 26 recipients (13 ethnic minorities and 13 female college graduates). The female graduates are recipients who are just entering their initial year of graduate studies.
Part of the eligibility for college students is that she must be seeking admission or have already been accepted into a sports administration or program where she can obtain a career in intercollegiate athletics, such as athletics administrator, coach, athletic trainer or any career that provides a direct service to intercollegiate athletics.
All former student-athletes who earned an undergraduate degree from an NCAA member school are eligible to be nominated by that school for an NCAA graduate degree scholarship, regardless of when they received their undergraduate degree.
- 1 Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Deadlines
- 2 Eligibility Requirements for Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship
- 3 How to Apply for the Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship
- 4 Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Selection process
- 5 Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Deadlines and Award’s Date
- 6 Check Other Available Scholarship Opportunities 2022
Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Deadlines
All application materials must be submitted by February 4, 2022. The scholarship will be for use during the 2022-23 academic year only.
Eligibility Requirements for Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship
Students or student-athletes at an active NCAA member institution who:
- Are at least in their final season of NCAA athletics eligibility or will not be using any remaining athletics eligibility.
- Have an overall undergraduate minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.200 (based on a 4.000 scale) or its equivalent, including all undergraduate hours earned at all undergraduate institutions attended. The grade-point average may not include any graduate-level hours.
- Are seeking admission or have been accepted into a sports administration or other graduate program that will assist the applicant in obtaining a career in intercollegiate athletics (athletics administrator, coach, athletic trainer or other career that provides a direct service to intercollegiate athletics).
- Must enroll in an NCAA member institution on a full-time basis.
- Are outstanding citizens and excellent role models for the institution and intercollegiate athletics.
- Applicants must have performed with distinction as a student body member at their respective undergraduate institution. The applicant’s involvement in extracurricular activities, course work, commitment to pursuing a career in intercollegiate athletics and promise for success in such a career will be considered.
Note: NCAA Scholarship recipients may not use more than one NCAA award for graduate studies.
The Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship are also open to foreign applicants (provided they meet the eligibility criteria stated above) to receive an NCAA Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship
Here’s how to apply for the Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship:
- Log in to the Program Hub and complete a profile.
- Applicants may complete and save his or her application as they go along; however, the system will time-out after approximately 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Applicants must upload official transcripts to complete the application. Official transcripts can be scanned and uploaded to the system as a .pdf document. You must upload all transcripts at one time. Please ensure the transcript reflects ALL undergraduate work.
- Applicants will provide email addresses for three individuals asked to complete a letter of recommendation. Recommendation emails are generated after the applicant submits his or her application section. NOTE: Notify the endorsers that he or she will receive an email message with a link to complete their endorsement.
- You may check the status of your nomination by using the application tab at the top of the form. It is imperative that you track your application’s progress, including submission of the three letters of recommendation.
Note: All applications must be completed and submitted online by the student or student-athlete.
- Applicant section: To be completed by the student/student-athlete; which includes a formal personal statement.
- Three letters of recommendation, by three different people are required:
- Academic advisor or athletics administrator;
- Professor teaching in the discipline of the student/student-athlete’s baccalaureate degree;
- Someone in the position to speak about your community service and leadership.
Note: All recommendations should be viewed as formal recommendations for the applicant.
Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Selection process
A subcommittee from the Committee on Women’s Athletics will review and screen all applicants and select 13 scholarship recipients. Another subcommittee from the Minorities Opportunities and Interests Committee will also review, screen and select 13 scholarship recipients.
Successful applicants will then be notified in April to the address entered during the application process.
For more information on the Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship, use the contact details below:
Phone: Lori Thomas at 317/917-6683
E-mail: [email protected].
Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship Deadlines and Award’s Date
- Sep. 15: Application Opens
- Feb. 4, 2022: Application deadline at 5 p.m. Eastern
- March 30, 2022: Award notifications
Check Other Available Scholarship Opportunities 2022
- The Susan Buffett Scholarship Application 2022
- Best Options to Migrate to Canada With your Family
- Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship 2022
- Apply for the Ongoing Federal Government Scholarship Application Form
- Top 18 NGO Scholarship Opportunities for Students in Nigeria
- 2022 Joint Professional Training and Support International Scholarship (JPTS)
- Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- NNPC/TotalEnergies (Totalcsredu) Scholarships 2021/2022
- African-American Future Achievers Scholarships
- Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
- Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship 2022
- Peter F. Vallone Scholarship Opportunity For CUNY Students
- Scholarships for KATS (Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society)
- Adam Ferrari Health Science Scholarship 2022
- Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship For US Students
- Top Scholarships Opportunity in Quebec for International Students
- Bright Flight Scholarship Application and Requirements
- Hellenic scholarship programme for foreign students from developing countries
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship For African Students 2022
- Scholarships in Canada (Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA, and Interior Design Courses)
- Scholarships for People with Brown Eyes
- Google Lime Scholarship Award 2021/2022
- Abby’s Closet Dreams Can Come True Scholarship 2022
- Best Buy Scholarship for Canadians
- Aviation Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- How to Apply for Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022
- How International Students Can Apply For Canadian Scholarships
- 5 Top Undergraduate Scholarships, Grants, And Fellowships For International Students
- How is a Student Loan Different From a Scholarship?