The Department of State Services (DSS) recruitment process for 2021 has officially started. This will be done through the official portal of the DSS. For all interested applicants, this page has the information you need on how to apply, the application portal, the basic requirements and so on for the DSS 2020/2021 recruitment.
The Department of State Security Service (DSS) is mainly responsible for any internal security issues in the country. They handle chaos within the country and also are involved in anti-terrorism operations across the country.
The DSS also provides protection for State Governors, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Senate President, Vice President, President and their families, candidates for the offices of Vice President and President, ex-presidents, high-ranking officers and their families.
DSS General Requirements for Recruitment 2023
The Department of State Security (DSS) recruitment 2023 calls on all graduates and postgraduates to fill in the positions in the ongoing recruitment 2023.
Below are the DSS Recruitment 2023 Nigeria requirements:
- Must be a Nigerian by birth or descent
- Must not be above the age of 30
- Male applicants must be at least 1.7m tall (for certain posts it’s not necessary)
- The expanded chest measurement of the candidate must be at least 0.87 metres (for certain posts it’s not necessary)
- The candidate should be certified by a Government Medical Officer
- The candidate must be mentally fit for service
- The candidate should be physically fit for service
- The candidate must not be pregnant
- The candidate must not have a flat foot
- The candidate must not have done any major orthopaedic operations in the past
- The candidate must not have any natural disabilities such as fractures, stammering and others.
- Must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence in the past
- Must not have any form of financial embarrassment
Other Requirements For The DSS Recruitment 2023
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- NYSC Discharge Certificate (exemption letter not allowed)
- Birth Certificate from a recognised hospital or from population commission
- Local Government of Origin attestation
- Passport photographs
DSS General Qualifications for DSS Recruitment 2023
The following qualifications are necessary to have for all interested applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree with Second Class Upper Division
- National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution
The Credits and fields are:
- Physical and health education
- Electrical engineering/electronics
- Engineering/IT Specialist
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Guidance and Counseling (for female only)
- Computer Science
NOTE: Medical doctors, Medical Officers, Consultants, Dental Offices and Nurses can also apply for DSS in Nigeria. However, such candidates should have the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria License.
Available Job Positions for DSS Recruitment 2023
- Software Developer
- Satellite Images Interpreter
- Paediatrician/Pediatrician Nurse
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Mathematics Education
- Hospitality Managers
- English Education
- Computer Engineer/Computer Science education/Network Engineer/Data Administrator
- Electrical/Building/Mechanical/Satellite Communication Engineer
How To Apply For The Dss Recruitment 2023
All interested and suitably qualified candidates are to apply from their respective state of origin. This means that you are to visit your state DSS office to apply.
For online DSS applications form, visit the official portal of the DSS via www.dss.gov.ng and follow the guidelines for your application.
Update: The DSS recruitment portal for DSS Applications and Recruitment 2023 is currently closed. But we’ll keep this page updated for you once there is information about the DSS recruitment 2023.
However, what you can do is to sign up for our newsletter and bookmark this page; this way you can get updated and be among the first applicants.