The Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship is dedicated and committed to assisting the Almaden Valley community members and those of greater San Jose.
Every year the Almaden Valley Women’s Club raises funds through various fundraisers including the proceeds from events and uses them as Academic & Service Scholarships to graduating seniors living in Almaden Valley.
Almaden Valley Women’s Club awards successful candidates on the basis of academic achievement and community service.
Therefore recipients can only obtain the scholarship by showing an outstanding academic performance record along with commitment towards community development services.
Qualifications and Eligibility for Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship
Below are the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the academic and service scholarship award which is given to graduating seniors living in Almaden Valley.
All interested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants must be a high school senior graduating in the current academic year.
- Applicants must be enrolled for fall of the upcoming academic year as a full-time student in an accredited university, college, or community college or trade school.
- Applicants are expected to meet a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Applicants must be residing within these zip codes: 95118, 95120 or 95123.
Requirements for Application for Academic and Service Scholarship Award
Interested students who wish to apply for the scholarship award must complete and submit the following documents:
- His or her application form;
- School and community activities form;
- Signed copy of certification form;
- Application must be accompanied with two letters of recommendation;
- Application must include supporting documents such as a sealed official copy of your high school transcript, including fall classes of the current academic year;
- A personal essay on how the scholarship will be of benefit to the candidate.
Scholarships you may also like to apply for:
- Google Lime Scholarship 2021
- Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship For African Students 2021
- Abby’s Closet Dreams Can Come True Scholarship 2022
- Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship for US students
- Scholarships for KATS (Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society)
- Adam Ferrari Health Science Scholarship 2021
Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship Application Agreement.
Candidates must agree to:
- Allow the AVWC to use their names and photographs for the purpose of publicity.
- Attend the Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship and Logo Award Presentation ceremony (Ceremony may be in person or virtual or both).
- Recipients of an Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship must show proof of expenditure of the scholarship amount towards university/college fees by October 1st. Failure to show proof will require the withdrawal of the scholarship award.
How to Apply for the Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship
- To begin your online application, download and fill out all forms within the stipulated time i.e., the application deadlines on the application page: https://www.almadenwomen.org/scholarships
- Provide all other supporting documents listed above.
- Get all the documents ready and forward (only completed documents) them in a mail to:
- Almaden Valley Women’s Club
- ATTN: Scholarship Chair
- P.O. Box 20084
- San Jose, CA 95160
Note: All application documents must be postmarked before the deadline.
Once your application is received, the scholarship board will send an acknowledging receipt of the application to you.
Applicants must keep to the date and ensure that their applications are postmarked before the deadline
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Winners will be notified by April 2022 and the award presented at the Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship and Logo Award Ceremony, usually scheduled around May 2022.
Interested candidates should visit the official website of the Almaden Valley Women’s Club Scholarship to find out more about the application’s due date.